Chapter 3

Taylor and I gave each other a look before deciding to follow suit. At the front of the enclosure I noticed many people at the front of the enclosure, and when I say many, I mean at least 1,000. They all sat in rows of 20, sitting Indian style. Taylor and I exchanged another look before deciding to add ourselves onto the current end row.

We sat for about a minute before men came out again with... food? They started placing them in front of people in rows. When we got our food I noticed they were in white animal dishes. How humane. Then get this. They then brought out identical bowls with water in them. Did they honestly expect us the bend down and eat like animals?

The bowl of food consisted of various vegetables, such as celery, carrots, spinach, asparagus, squash, and potatoes. Certain vegetables were cooked to a warm temperature that wouldn't burn you.

"You can now observe the hominids eat." The intercom lady spoke again. All the outsiders stared at us expectantly. They really expected us to eat out of these like animals? I noticed that the people around us started eating. Some on their hands and knees to get water. This is humiliating, how can they go along with this?

That's when a guard snatched me up. "You eat now or you won't be fed later." He seethed in my ear. Fine he wants to do this? I pick up the vegetables with my fingers placing them in my mouth carefully; chewing with my mouth closed. I then pick up the water bowl and tip the contents into my mouth. I will not be made into a fool.

The guard lets out an annoyed grunt like the brute wanted to see me become an animal. Looking over to Taylor I notice she's staring down at her bowl, her lip quivering. I lean over to whisper in her ear. "Go ahead and eat, it's ok, we're in this together, we will be ok." She nods sniffing and reluctantly starts to eat.

Once everyone has finished the bowls were collected and things slowly started to disperse back to casualty. Well as casual as you can get when you've been kidnapped, forced into a zoo, and humiliated. Time passed agonizingly slow before the zoo closed at 7:00.

After all the civilians had exited they herded us inside. Apparently there are different groups of people assigned to different areas. My class, for example, has their own space. I've never really known these people despite them being in my class. I never talked to anyone but Taylor. Well I guess I'll have to get to know them now.

I plopped down on black leather couch with red pillows. Taylor joined me as I let out a long sigh. That was exasperatingly boring and ridiculous. Before we could really get a moments rest manager lady strides in with her long fingernails and clacking high heels. "You've now experienced what an average day at the zoo is. Get used to it because the zoo is open all days of the week."

"Now before you can make usage of the activity center we have training to do." I let out a loud groan not caring of her reaction. "Now follow me children." Once again guards herded us out the door through the hallway. The manager lady stopped in front of two doors before turning around to face us.

"The boys training is held in a different room than the girls as it is different. I will be joining the girls as I am also clearly a female." "I wouldn't say that's too clear." I muttered under my breath but loud enough for her to hear. Her face turned sour like she'd just bitten a lemon but she didn't say anything. "Well lets continue, Via open."

With that the door swung open to reveal a black room with desks and the front wall was all one long smart board. I took a seat followed by Taylor. When all of us were seated a video started to play on the screen. "As you know you have now been made a resident of the zoo..." a fake overly sugar coated voice started.

I tuned at most of the video catching something about shock collars being removed once we've went a week with no "disruptions". However one part of the video caught my attention. "Here at the zoo breeding is highly encouraged. Breeding is essential for the zoo and for you ladies. Don't you want to feel loved? The pleasure will be worth it. Don't you want the thrilling experience of sexual intercourse?"  

So this is what Natalia meant. I stared in horror as the screen continued to try and brainwash these messages into us. This is truly despicable. These people disgust me. How could they be so vile? Taylor sat wide eyed looking at the screen. I tap her arm leaning in "don't listen to a thing this says. It's all bullshit." She nods looking down at the desk.

I caught other little bits and pieces of the video like us being on vegetarian diets and blah blah blah. I wasn't really listening. Once the video was over manger lady looked highly pleased. "Well I hope you learned some very important lessons from this video. I will now return you to the activity center."

She clacked her way over to the door. "Via open." The door made a little click noise before swinging open. I don't know what they told the boys but they came out looking cocky like they had just been told they were the man. We all got up following her clacking figure back to the activity center. "Via open." With that the door swung open and we were herded inside. Manager lady departed with some comforting words. "Don't stay up too late the zoo opens at nine, you with be awakened at 8:00" Wow, thanks (note the sarcasm).

The door then shut in our faces leaving us alone to our devices. Immediately boys started hogging the video game systems and such while girls started gossiping and checking their hair. Are these people stupid? They must be. How can they be so fine with being kidnapped and put in a zoo. Deciding I needed an answer to this question I stood up on a stool. "Hey!"

Everyone turned to me with a puzzled expression. "How can you all be ok with this?! We have been kidnapped and treated like animals yet you all sit here and act like it's happy hour!" It was silent for a moment before a girl who I noticed was popular in my class spoke up. "Well there's nothing we can do about it and we aren't being abused so unless you got a way outa this don't complain to me." She examined her red painted nails and fake died blonde hair that contrasted with her cocoa skin.

I stood on the stool quiet. I would appose what she was saying and call her out but there was one problem. She was right.

***
April 29th 2112
4/29/2112