Two.

"Cassie!"

"Cassie!"

The French woman turned her head and when she saw that Mélissa was the person calling her, she ran into the elevator and tried to close the doors as fast as possible.

Which wasn't fast enough, because Mélissa managed to enter with her.

"Damn it," Cassie whispered, while Mélissa was beaming happy.

"Ha! I did it. Now, can you tell me why you're avoiding me, woman?"

"I am not. We're at work, that's it."

"Cas, seriously. I'm your best friend. You can tell me."

"Everything's fine, really."

"Do you want me to give a call to Romain?"

"They are in the middle of the night in Norway," she said, and Mélissa glared at her.

"Do you think I'm stupid? The hour is exactly the same in France and in Norway. Now tell me or I'm not kidding, I'm facetiming him and—"

"It's just my neighbor," she blurted out, no wanting to ruin Roman's holiday.

"Your neighbor? You mean your hot neighbor?"

"He's my only neighbor."

"Go on!" she said when the elevator stopped, but two people got in, and Cassie shook her head.

It was weird enough to tell her best friend about what happened last night, she didn't need strangers to hear that story.

"I'll talk to you later," she said before leaving the elevator, finally in her office's floor.

She had an article to write, and she still didn't know what to write about. She didn't have any experience to share because her life was useless these days, and she didn't have any opinions or something.

"Cassie, good morning," said her boss when she sat in her office, and Cassie smiled.

"Angelina, hi."

"Did you find your subject for this week?"

"Uh, no, I didn't," she admitted.

"I have a list in my office, as usual, but I prefer when you guys write about something coming from you, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"You still can take a look at the list, maybe it can help you," said Angelina with a smile, before leaving.

Cassie sighed. She didn't want to take a look at the list. She just felt like, if she had to do so, she wasn't a good journalist.

She then spent her morning brainstorming, unsuccessfully. How was that even possible? After two years, she was running out of ideas? She couldn't do that! She left her office annoyed to go downstairs, at the cafeteria, where Mélissa and she were always eating together.

Contrary to Cassie, Mélissa was in a good mood.

"Hey, I got you sushi!" she smiled when she saw Cassie coming, and Cassie smiled back at her because it was a very cute attention: sushi were rare in the cafeteria, and most of the time, Cassie was too late to have some.

"Thanks, girl," she said, sitting in front of her. "You had a good morning, I guess?"

"I finally decorate my office for Christmas, it's so cute and cosy, I don't wanna leave it anymore. And my article of the week is almost ready and I really like it."

"Lucky you," Cassie sighed. "I still don't know what to write about."

"Well, you still didn't tell me what happened with your hot neighbor, but that could be a very good subject," Mélissa smiled, and Cassie rolled her eyes.

"I am not writing about that. He just...knocked at my apartment and said that he had something weird to tell me."

"Does he want you to be his booty call?" asked Mélissa very seriously.

"No," Cassie shook her head. "Long short story, I have to pretend to be his girlfriend for a week because his family is coming."

"Oh. My. God. How? Did he tell them that he had a girlfriend?"

"He did tell them specifically that he was dating me, his neighbor."

Mélissa shook her head with a smile. She couldn't believe it. And honestly, Cassie neither.

"You are so lucky, girl," she said proudly, and Cassie smiled.

"It's just...so weird. I don't know if I can do that. But he really needs my help."

"Of course you can, you are Cassie Mercadam," she reminded her, and Cassie smiled.

"Yeah, I guess. I'll try my best."

"Do forget to enjoy it, really. Pretend as much as you can. Really."

"Okay, Mélissa, thanks for the advice," Cassie rolled her eyes. "So, this article or yours?"

/ published 02.12.17/