Twenty-three.

Neymar was expecting to see the mailman at his door

Not four of his teammates. At all.

"Hey bro!" Dani smiled when he opened the door, and Neymar frowned.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked in Portuguese, and Presnel and Layvin looked at each other, lost.

"What do you think it means?"

"I have no idea," Layvin shook his head.

"What are you doing here?" Neymar repeated in French, but the four football players were already pushing him to enter his apartment.

"I love your Christmas tree!" Presnel exclaimed, and Neymar frowned: this kid was too fast, how could he already be in living room? "Oh, hey!"

Shit. Fuck.

"Is there someone in your living room?" Marquinhos raised an eyebrow, and he didn't wait for the answer, already walking there, followed by Dani and Layvin, and Neymar sighed before entering the living room at last.

I'm about to kill them.

"Hey! Are you Cassie?" Marquinhos asked with a big smile, and Cassie looked at Neymar.

"Aw Forceur, did you talk about me to your friends?" she smiled, and Presnel burst out laughing.

"He is such a forceur! You're definitively my favorite person ever," he said, patting Cassie's shoulder.

"You need to calm down," Neymar walked to him and took him away from Cassie.

"You're my favorite person ever as well," Cassie winked at him just to annoy Neymar.

"Is he?" Neymar asked really seriously, looking at her, and even though she was looking at him in the eyes, she could hear several 'aww' from behind.

"Why? Is that a problem for you? I mean he's your friend, right?" Cassie smirked, and Neymar crossed his arms.

"I am the one who came and got you in the middle of the night."

"So you're really the Cassie that called last night," Marquinhos smiled. "Neymar looked so panicked, I knew it was his girlfriend."

"Aw, can you imagine Neymar panicking because of a girl?" Dani added.

"I was just worried. She was drunk."

"We were worried as well, because you felt the party without a word, and you weren't there at midnight," Layvin said.

"I'm sorry, guys. I was such in a hurry, I should have told you where I was going."

"We can forgive you if you have food," Presnel shrugged, and Dani, Layvin and Marquinhos nodded.

"He made waffles!" Cassie smiled, and Neymar groaned.

"The waffles were for us, Cassie."

"C'mon Neymar, you don't wanna share your girlfriend, you don't wanna share your food..." Layvin sighed.

"Fine. The waffles are in the kitchen," he mumbled, annoyed, and Dani ran, followed by Presnel.

"Do you really like Presnel?" Neymar asked Cassie once he was gone.

"Who's Presnel?" she looked at Marquinhos and Layvin, trying to guess if it was one of them.

"Okay, this is Layvin, this is Marcos, Dani is the ugly one and Presnel is the one looking like a chicken."

"Ahh, you mean the hot one?" she winked, and Neymar rolled his eyes.

"You don't mean that."

"Really? How do you know that?"

"Okay, maybe you do. But you like me."

"Do I?" she raised an eyebrow, "I never said that."

"Actions speak louder than words," she shrugged, and she couldn't help but smile.

"He just quoted One Direction though," Layvin said very seriously, and Dani and Presnel reappeared with the waffles, sugar and Nutella.

"Breakfast! I need to snapchat that, breakfast at Neymar is usually never happening," Marquinhos sighed.

"You cost 222 millions of euros and you don't even have maple syrup in your kitchen, what a waste of money, I'm disappointed," Presnel sighed, and Layvin frowned.

"Maple syrup is for pancakes, what is wrong with you?"

They kept arguing while the others were sitting around the table. Cassie hesitated before sitting with them.

She knew them for a few minutes, but she already thought that they were nice. They weren't really serious, more like acting like children, and Cassie was relieved to see that.

So they took their breakfast together, and the more Cassie was talking to them, the more she felt comfortable. She was kind of scared to see that they were very serious and only talking about football, but it was quite the contrary. They were acting like children, and they didn't mention football once during the whole meal. Marquinhos talked about his baby, and then, Cassie explained her job to them. Dani was very surprised because just like Rafaella, his wife was reading Girl Boss, and he almost gave her a phone call to tell her that he was having breakfast with one of their journalist.

Finally, the four football players had to leave, and after saying goodbye to Cassie and making her promise that they will see her again soon, they left the apartment, leaving Cassie and Neymar by themselves.

"What are you doing?" Neymar frowned when he noticed that Cassie was piling the plates up.

"Cleaning?" she said, but the affirmation sounded more like a question.

"You don't have to clean, Cassie, I can do that later," he smiled, and she shrugged.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about that."

"Okay. I have to get ready, I'm going at my aunt for lunch," she said, and added quickly, "alone."

"Why isn't Romain coming?" he asked nonchalantly, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Because our tradition with Romain is to celebrate Christmas at my aunt together, but not the New Year."

Neymar nodded.

"I should have asked you that a long time ago," he realized, and she laughed.

"Yes, indeed. Thank you for...well, everything. I'm sorry, you were celebrating with your teammates and—"

He shook his head and grabbed her chin to kiss her.

"If you think that you ruined my New Year Eve, you're completely wrong."

____________
NEYSSIE
+ EL CLASICO WHAT A GAME I AM HYPED
ILY ALL