Twenty-four.

"Come in!" Neymar yelled when Cassie knocked at his door the next day, and she frowned before obeying

She enters the corridor, still frowning, and looked at her phone. Yes, the text from this morning really said that she had to be there at 8.

"Neymar?" she called, entering the living room, finding the coffee table full of sushi, and the TV showing a Christmas movie--it was January, but tv channels apparently didn't care at all. "What's all that?"

"Hey Stubborn!" he exclaimed, coming out of his bedroom. "Sorry, I was trying to find something classy to wear," he shrugged.

"You can wear sweatpants if you want," she smiled.

"I can't do that. It's a date. Are you sure that it's okay for you to have our date here?"

"Yes, it's okay."

"If Drunk Cassie was there, what would she say?"

"I know that Drunk Cassie is your favorite Cassie but she's not coming back any time soon so you'll have to bear with me instead," she smiled, and Neymar pouted, disappointed.

"Fine, if you insist..."

She laughed and hit his shoulder.

"You like Sober Cassie as well."

"Kinda," he said, and she hit him again.

"All the Cassies agree: having a date here is good. And how do you even know that I love sushi?"

"Okay, you weren't supposed to see that already."

"Did you speak to Liss again?"

"What do you mean by 'again'? I thought our little conversation was a secret!"

"What 'little conversation'? You did talk to her?" Cassie asked, lost.

Whoops, I shouldn't have talk.

"Uh, yeah, when you were mad at me."

"Did she tell you to send me those flowers and chocolate?" she frowned.

"Nope, that was my idea."

"That's why it didn't work."

"Hey!" Neymar smiled. "I tried my best!"

"I hope that you're better on the field than on apologies," she teased.

"Shut up, Cassie. My apologies were world class. I was just scared to see your reaction if I knocked at your door so I didn't."

"I was actually waiting for you to do that."

"Thank God, Drunk Cassie saved us," he smiled.

"Yeah, yeah."

"I mean, she jumped into my arms when she saw m--"

"I was drunk!"

"You missed me too much."

"You wish."

"Let's eat?" he offered, taking her hand, and she nodded, smiling. "So, I kind of had an idea, but I'm not sure you'll accept, so just tell me if you don't want to," he said once they were sat on his couch, opening the sushi boxes at the same time.

"We're not having sex."

"I was not talking about having sex."

"Just go on and pretend I've never said that, then," she shrugged, and he laughed.

"There's a rerun of the last game we played this season, so I kind of wanted to watch it with you so I can introduce you to football. I know that it's something that you don't know at all, and then for our second date we can do something that you like."

"I never agreed to a second date," Cassie raised an eyebrow, and Neymar smiled. "Okay, sure, let's watch football. I'm probably going to be very annoying because I don't understand a thing."

"That's why I'm here. To explain. So, first things first, who's the best player at psg?"

"Uh...you?" she tried, and he smiled.

"Whatever you say, Cassie."

"I may change my mind at the end of the game," she shrugged.

_

"I didn't say that you suck," Cassie stated, "I just said that Verratti is way better than you."

"You can't even compare, we are not playing in the same position!"

"Fine, who plays in your position? That guy with the hair, what's his name?"

"Edi. And Kylian, the guy looking like a ninja turtle."

"That Kylian guy is better than you."

"Okay, I understand your point of view," he said very seriously. "I mean, you never watched football before, so you're allowed to be wrong."

"You're being a forceur right now."

"Yeah? And you're being stubborn right now."

"True. Agree on disagree?" she offered, and he nodded.

"Agree on disagree Wait, don't you work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I do. Are you throwing me out?"

"Nope. Just making sure that you get enough sleep to be able to work properly," Neymar said. "So?"

"So what?" she raised an eyebrow. "Ah yes, thank you for the sushi and the football game I guess and also for just inviting me."

"I wasn't waiting for thanks," Neymar laughed, "I wanted that know if the second date is going to happen or not."

"I don't know yet. I mean, I really liked that Presnel."

"Shut up, Cassie. You're just trying to annoy me."

"And it's working," she smiled, proud. "Sure for the second date. But at mine. And you know, Christmas is over, you need to get rid of all those decorations and your Christmas tree."

"I'm just going to pretend that you never said that. Bye Stubborn, let me know about that second date!"

"Bye Forceur, have a good night," she shook her head with a smile.

_________
Heyyy guys i wish you all a good Christmas Eve, don't forget that family and food are almost as important as football and fictions ♡