Seven.

When Cassie woke up on Sunday, she almost screamed in fear because of the reindeer that Neymar put on her shelf

"Damn it, Neymar Jr, I can accept my living room to be Christmassy, but leave my bedroom alone."

She didn't even remember seeing him coming in here yesterday. This guy was as fast as a fox.

She got ready before leaving the apartment to go to her aunt. She was going there every Sunday since she was living by her own, and she was actually waiting for that moment all week.

Her aunt was her only family, and she was glad that they were that close. They weren't pretending or anything for the sake of the family link, they genuinely liked each other. Like, friends. With a little more respect on Cassie's side, because her aunt did raise her, after all.

"Hi auntie Sandrine," she smiled when the latter opened the door, smiling.

"I'm happy to see you, breakfast is ready," answered Sandrine, and once Cassie had taken her coat, her scarf and her glove off--did I mention that it was cold?--they both stepped into the kitchen.

It was the tradition: Cassie was coming at 10 am and Sandrine was making breakfast. Then, they usually enjoyed their morning walking in the street of Paris or going shopping before eating wherever their foot led them. Finally, they were going back at aunt Sandrine to drink something--cold during summer, but cold during winter--before Cassie headed back off to her own apartment.

Today, a plate full of croissants was waiting for her, and a glass of apple juice--her favorite one--was waiting for her in front of her usual sit already.

"Oh my God, thank you auntie. You actually made croissants."

"Of course I did. You know that I don't like to buy them at the bakery. We used to bake them together."

"I still haven't try to make some by myself. Maybe I should take time to," she thought out loud.

"Do you want us to do something in particular today?" Asked Sandrine.

"Nope," Cassie shook her head. "Do you?"

"I kind of wanted to go to the mall. I broke my watch and i don't want to look at my phone every time i need to know the time."

"Sure, we should go. Maybe I can start to buy my presents for Mélissa and Romain."

"How are these two doing anyway?"

"Amazing. Romain got back from Norway, and Mélissa is still the same old Mélissa."

"That's nice to see that you still are friends. I can still picture them as the 4 years old that they were."

Cassie smiled.

"We're a team. Since day 1. And till the last one."

_

Cassie wasn't fond of the Christmas spirit. However, she had to admit that malls during the holiday were absolutely incredible. It was simply beautiful, she couldn't deny it. And it made the Christmas shopping easier--at least, that was what she liked to think.

"Does Mélissa like more The Beauty and the Beast or Frozen?" she asked herself, looking at the Primark pajamas that were, as usual, a mess. "Who cares anyway, let's buy both," she smiled and took the two pajamas in her arms. Her aunt was a little further, looking at heels that Cassie knew for sure she was going to buy.

"Don't worry, I still have the mug with a bat," said Sandrine when Cassie came closer.

"Thanks, auntie," she took the Batman mug from her hands. "I'm gonna pay, are you coming?"

"Give me five more minutes."

"You know what, take those. It's gonna be your Christmas present."

"Wha--are you sure?"

"I am. You're in love with them."

"Thanks, Cass. You're a star."

Cassie smiled. Her aunt used to call her a star when she was younger, and she still liked when she used that nickname.

They took the direction of the checkout when Cassie stopped, seeing a tinsel of small reindeer. She bit her lips: if Neymar was there, he would probably be screaming already that she needed to buy it. But she didn't want it. However, she hasn't see that kind of tinsel in his apartment.

She took it and walked to the checkout for good.

_

After the traditional hot chocolate that they were drinking every Sundays since September now--yep, they were getting in the winter mood pretty early, but I mean, who wouldn't?--, Cassie said her goodbyes to her aunt and drove back to her own apartment. It was freaking cold outside, so she had to take a hot shower to feel her fingers again. Once it was done, she decided to wrap her best friends' presents. It was never too early for it, and at least, they won't accidentally see them unwrapped somewhere in the house. She hid the presents in her wardrobe and took her reindeer tinsel out of the bag. She didn't know if Neymar was home tonight. Maybe he had a match? He didn't mention his schedule for the day, but so did she.

She struggled: it could wait for tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow, she would knock at his door.

She nodded her head in agreement with herself before taking the reindeer that was in her room in her kitchen before going to bed.

Tomorrow was a new day.