Chapter 9

CHAPTER NINE

Juni listened patiently as I told her everything I had found out within the last few days. By the time I finished imparting all of my information, her mouth had fallen open and she was staring at me in wonder.

"You're kidding." She breathed the words, staring at me like I was an elephant in the room. I nibbled on my fingernails, hoping she would have something to help me figure out what was going on in my life. Instead, she got up, walked over to me where I sat on my bed, and poked my arm. "You don't feel like a demi god to me." I burst out laughing, her smile was wide and welcoming. This is why I loved her.

I sighed and looked at her seriously, "You've never had any visions about this?" She walked back over to her own bed and sat down, looking thoughtful.

"No, I haven't. I'm wondering if it is because of Janus, if he is keeping some of the future from me to protect you."

"He did say something about it not being time yet." I muttered to myself, thinking back on the conversation I had had with him.

"Maybe he wanted to be the one to tell you." I shifted on my bed. I didn't know much about the gods. All I knew was that they could leave a darkness on your soul. They also had the ability to determine everything that would happen in the future. It wasn't fate, we lived on the playground for the gods. They just moved us like chess pieces, waiting for their plans to fall into place.

"I wonder who is trying to find me." I grumbled to Juni. She shifted on her bed and looked over at me. Her face serious as she pulled her blanket tighter around herself.

"It might be better to not find out, Echo. You need to be very careful. If this god is truly your father, you need to heed his words and watch your back."

"I feel like I have a target on my back." Juni shrugged and stared at me, her eyes went blank, a vision I knew. It lasted only thirty seconds before she was back.

"What did you see, Juni?"

"You." She paused, "Oddly you were just sitting in class."

"What an uninformative vision."

"Maybe. Maybe not. I won't take any chance with Ethan disappearing." I sighed and stood up. I walked over to our closet and grabbed a teal hoodie.

Pulling it over my head, I said to Juni, "I think I need to go walk around, my brain is running a million miles." I pulled on a pair of socks and slid into my low top teal converse.

"Go, go, don't let me stop you." She curled her legs up underneath her and waved at me to leave. I smiled at her and waved before walking out of our dorm room. On my way out I felt an odd throbbing in my skull, I winced but continued out of the dorm.

I took a stroll through the wood, it usually seemed to help when I began to feel worried. My feet just took me anywhere as my mind wandered. Leaves crunched under neath my feet, I moved twigs and branches out of the way. Somehow, I found myself to the open field where I had first met Jax. Surprisingly, he was sitting, indian style in the middle of the field talking to a younger boy sitting across from him. The boy looked to be about eight or nine years old.

Jax lifted his hand and tapped the boy on the forehead, he said something I couldn't hear and tapped the boy again. I creeped closer to the odd pairing.

"You should have a feel for it by now, Jerome." Jax was saying to the small boy. "You know what I mean. Your other half, he should be sending out a chirp...that's kind of like an idea from him. You can let him take over but you don't have to be passive." The little boy nodded then seemed to change, power folding out of his body.