Chapter 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"I'm sorry that is all the help that I can give you." Clotho apologized. She sat back in her chair and tapped the table top with her fingers. From the opposite sides of the room, the other four began to come walking back to the table in the middle of the room.

"I think it might be more than enough." I told her, standing up from my seat. Atropos and Juni reached us first.

"Come talk to me again." Atropos was telling Juni. Juni nodded and went in for a hug, squeezing my youngest aunt with a smile on her face. Atropos smiled and chuckled, embracing my best friend as if she were her new friend. From the other side of the room, Lachesis and Jax came over to where the four of us were standing. Atopos slid into her now vacant seat with a content smile on her face.

"If you would like to find your father, I will help." Lachesis was saying to Jax. He held out a hand, and she shook it, her grip hard.

"I think I will never see him." Jax declined the offer, even so she had a light smile on her face. Lachesis let go of Jax's hand and walked over to her vacant seat, she sat down and looked at the three of us who were still standing. Clotho, her hands folded in her lap, smiled at me.

"Nephew, even if we do not have control of your life, we will try to help you wherever we can."

"I will keep my promise."

"Good luck." The three of my aunts grinned at each other and sin songed together, "May the Fates be forever in your favor." Then everything around us was gone and we were standing back in the library, the morning sun just beginning to shine through the windows.

One of the windows in the library opened without us going near it, from the table where I had sat the last few days, a breeze blew open one of the books until it landed on a certain page. I looked at Juni and Jax, they shrugged, when I walked over to the book. It had opened to a page with the story we had been looking for since Mr. Parker told us about it. We know had the story behind how my father, the God of Time had almost taken down Nergal, the God of the Sun.

My cell phone rang, the trill loud in the empty room. Curious, I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Astonished by what I saw, I just stared at it, until, right before the last ring, I answered.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone, grasping it with more force than was needed.

"Echo?" the soft female voice came from the other side.

"Poppy," I whispered, shocked. Poppy's voice was quiet over the sudden static. I held in my breath, afraid to say anymore. Why had she called me, I thought to myself, she hated my guts, this was not like her.

"It's been awhile since you've been home," she continued. I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it. No shit, you told me to never return. This was not the Poppy I knew. I put the phone back to my ear. "Asher and I have been wondering when you are going to come for a visit. We were thinking this weekend we could all have dinner together." I held in a snort, putting my hand over my mouth. I waved my hand in the air, indicated to Jax, Juni and Sam to come over to me. I put the phone on mute, letting Poppy talk to herself.

"Nergal has the power to manipulate human minds, right?" The three of them nodded without answering, I pointed to my phone. "I do believe that I know where he is."

"Is he stupid enough to reveal that?" Jax asked from where he sat on the deck.

"I don't know, but that is my adoptive sister on the phone asking for me to go to dinner."

"What?" Juni screeched, then more quietly, "Doesn't she hate your guts?" I nodded and put my finger to my lips and I took my phone off of mute. Poppy was going on about food and how Asher missed me just as much as she did.