Chapter 7. Shinki

Normal PoV
With Boruto and the others
"Did you guys find her !?" Boruto asked his team.

They went out searching for the missing Uchiha after they had their lunch that was prepared from the Sand villagers.

They went out in teams.

Boruto with Shikadai and Shinki, since he refused to be with anyone else.

Mitsuki and Inojin.

Cho-Cho and Denki.

Iwabe and Sumire.

They all shook then heads indicating that they had no luck as well. Boruto gritted his teeth, he was sick of this wild-goose-chase and found no sign of Sarada anywhere.

Shinki sense his mood and smiled lightly, to brighten the thick tension, "Now, Now. It's getting late, and we should get back. We could discuss our next plan to find......her."

There it is again, the very suspicious tone when Shinki talked about Uchiha Sarada.

Shikadai finally noticed it after some time and lowered his eyebrow in suspicion.

"Hey boruto." Shikadai called with his voice lowered and inched closer go Boruto, placing his hand beside his mouth to prevent anyone listening, "Don't you think Shinki's.....creepy ?"

Boruto don't have the mood to deal with Shikadai's family problem, "Your family's creepy." He said simply, then continue his brain to think of another plan.

Shikadai sighed, his patience was still there, "No dammit !" He growled, making sure that it was still low, "I mean that, don't you think he know something ?"

Boruto finally listened, and raised his eyebrow, "Really ?" He whispered back.

Shikadai shrugged, "Beats me, but listen to his tone when we talk about Sarada." He informed then went beside Shinki, smiling nervously as he placed his hand on his shoulder, "Hey Shinki !"

Shinki was taken back at his introduction since Shikadai was always trying his best to ignore him.

"Hello cousin." Shinki replied back, giving a nod in acknowledgement.

Shikadai smiled seeing him got the bait, and continued, "So, I was wondering if you're...ya'know, not cool at wasting your time on helping us."

Shinki shook his head, smiling back, "Ah of course not." He said seriously, then his creepy facade started revealing, "In fact, I'm honored to help you guys find.....Sarada."

Shikadai's PoV
I narrowed my eyes slightly and was about to question his weird tone every time when we talked about Sarada.

Until.....

"HEY SHINKI !"

Damnit Boruto !

I stared at the hot-headed blonde who was storming to the face-painted shinobi, grabbing him by the collar, "You know something about Sarada don't you !!?"

Shinki's PoV
I kept my smile and harshly released myself from that barbaric blonde's grip.

"I do not." I answered truthfully.

Are the leaf shinobis so uncivilized ?

Boruto still kept his head glare and pointed an accusing finger at me, which I thought was very rude.

"Quite lying !" He barked, "Have you heard your tone when you talk about Sarada !?"

I raised my brow in confusion, "What about my tone ?"