A Bat in Hell's Kitchen

"I'm going to leave Gotham in your hands," Bruce stated.  "If you need any help, contact Barbara."

"Right, see you when you return," Tim replied.

Bruce nodded, and boarded his private jet; taking his seat next to Dick.

"Hello, this is your captain speaking.  We will be taking flight in just a couple minutes, so be sure you're buckled up," the pilot reported.

"What do you think about this guy, Bruce; the one the newspapers call Daredevil?  Do you think he can be trusted?" Dick asked.

"Perhaps, but we won't know until we actually meet him.  Anyway, we have to make sure Deadshot doesn't reach his target.  It's fortunate Waller told us of Deadshot going rouge, and leaving the Suicide Squad."

"True," Dick agreed, opening Bruce's folder on Daredevil, and looking through the photographs.

"This is your captain reporting we are leaving Gotham and will reach New York in an estimated time of thirty minutes," the pilot stated.

Hell's Kitchen, half an hour later...

"I'm telling you, Foggy.  This firm will not represent people like Jared Petrillo," Matt stated, firmly.

"C'mon, Matt, it's only a misdemeanor, and you know we could use the money to improve the firm," Foggy countered.

"No, this firm does not rep-"

"I know, I know, people who are guilty, but how long do you think this firm will last if we continue to pay our lease out of our own pocket; rather than our client's?"

There was a pause where the television's ambient noise filled the room.

"And Gotham celebrity, Bruce Wayne graces New York with his presence; his jet landing only minutes ago," a news reporter stated.

"Who's Bruce Wayne?" Matt asked.

"Oh, no.  Don't ask dumb questions, hoping that it'll get you out of this conversation," Foggy responded.

"No, really, who is he?"

"Fine," Foggy sighed.  "He's some rich kid from Gotham who doesn't know what to do with his money, that he spends it on hotels and fast cars.  Happy?  Now can we continue?"

"Sure," Matt replied.

Bruce Wayne, Bruce Wayne, I know that name from somewhere other then the tabloids, partly because I can't read, but that's besides the point.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here, Mister Wayne," the person manning the desk stated.

"Thank you," Bruce said, retrieving his key.

Reporters ambushed him, asking him questions after questions.

"Mister Wayne, why did you come to New York?"

"Mister Wayne, what are the chances of you making New York your new residence?"

"Mister Wayne, can you confirm the rumor Wayne Enterprises will be working together with Fisk Industries?"

"Plans have been made to do that, but we are waiting to hear from Mister Fisk's lawyers," Bruce answered.

Bruce called for an elevator, and stepped into it once the doors were open.  Dick nearly missed the elevator, and tripped his way into it.  He put his hands in front of him to break the fall, and to protect his laptop case.

"Bruce, what about our luggage?" Dick asked.

"I'll call room service once we're in the clear," Bruce stated.