High Frequencies

The next day...

Matt got up, followed his morning activities, and changed into his suit.  After a quick shower, Matt left his condominium, and boarded the morning train to the law firm.  He entered the lobby, and was greeted by Karen Page, the receptionist.

"Mister Murdock, Bruce Wayne made an appointment last night.  It was kind of late, so I didn't want to call you to disturb you; he's in there with Mister Nelson," Karen added.

"Okay, thanks, Karen," Matt responded.

What the hell is Wayne doing here?

"Ah, you must be Mister Murdock," Bruce smiled, extending his hand.

"Mister Wayne, I must admit I didn't think I'd see you here," Matt replied, accepting his hand.  "You haven't run into any legal issues, have you?"

"No, but my financial adviser told me that the best way to make money here in New York, is to buy up Wall Street.  Starting with small businesses, such as this one," Bruce replied.

"I'm sorry, Mister Wayne, but we don't have shareholders," Matt stated.

"Excuse me, Mister Wayne, you wouldn't mind if I speak to my assistant for a moment, would you?" Foggy inquired.

Matt shot Foggy a look, which had a stronger affect because of his tinted glasses.

"Not at all, Mister Nelson."

Foggy tugged Matt's sleeve to a corner of the room, whispering, "What the hell do you mean 'we don't have shareholders'?"

"We don't," Matt countered.

"Yeah, but Bruce Wayne doesn't know that!  Imagine what we could do with Wayne's financing!  We won't have to defend criminals anymore, which is something I know you'll like," Foggy replied.

"Yes, but Wayne is a criminal.  He's in league with Fisk-"

"So?  He's not asking us to do something illegal!"

"Not yet, at least.  He's waiting until he owns our firm, and he makes us cover up his illegal activities," Matt argued.

"What's the harm in letting him buy a few shares?  If he seems too edgy we can cut him off from purchasing our future stocks," Foggy added.

"Fine, but I get to decide whether we cut him off, okay?"

"Sure."

The two walked back toward Bruce.

"We have agreed to let you buy some shares in our firm," Matt stated.

The three continued to talk about shares.

At the police station...

"Yes, I'm Officer Grayson from the Blüdhaven Police Department," Dick stated, showing his badge to the desk sergeant.

"What is it you'd like, officer?"

"As I'm sure you know, you have a prisoner in your custody by the name of Don Rigoletto.  He is being transferred to a FBI holding facility in Blüdhaven, and the Feds called, and asked me if we would scout ahead to make sure that everything was okay in his cell," Dick lied.

"Hmm, it says that Rigoletto is being transferred to a holding facility in Baltimore," the desk sergeant contradicted.

"Are you sure?  Here, let me call my supervisor, and we'll try to sort this out," Dick said, taking out his cell phone.  "I understand you're in a meeting, but the gentleman at the front said that Rigoletto's transfer is to Baltimore rather than Blüdhaven can you double check that, please?"