What Really Happened to Battlin' Jack

Bruce ambled to the security room where they monitored the security camera, and knocked on the door.

"Hello, I'm Bruce Wayne.  Co-owner of Fisk Industries," Bruce greeted.  "I would like to view the security cameras."

"Uh, yes, sir," the guard mumbled.  "May I ask why you want to see them?"

"Just a checkup to see if I made a good investment here at Fisk Industries," Bruce answered.

The guard moved aside for Bruce to enter the security room.  Bruce watched the cameras, looking for the one that monitored Fisk's office.

"Excuse me," Bruce said, checking the guard's badge, "Mister Li, but do you know which camera observes Fisk's office?"

"Um, only the head of security is allowed to view it," Li stated.  "He's not here right now, but I'm sure he'll allow you access once he comes back from break."

"Mister Li, I'm sure you wouldn't mind making an exception for me, and allow me access to the camera, would you?"

"I don't know, sir.  Mister Fisk, is very strict about rules."

"I'll be sure you wouldn't get in any trouble," Bruce winked.

Li sighed, then unlocked the door to the head of security's office.

"I'll be out here.  I don't want to be caught in his office."

"That's fine," Bruce called, taking a seat, and watching the camera.

"So, what news do you bring, Mister Trans?" Fisk asked.

"Your assassins failed to stop the prison convoy, and Rigoletto is going to talk to the Feds," informed Trans.

"Well, I pay you to make these kinds of problems go away," Fisk replied, crossing his fingers together.

"True, sir, but Rigoletto has 24/7 Federal security.  It'll be impossible to stage an accident," Trans reported.

"Then, find some way to convince the FBI to move him.  I'll order another hit, and I want you to be there to make sure nothing goes skewed," Fisk ordered.

"Yes, sir.  It might take some time to make the Feds feel the safe house is unsafe for Rigoletto to reside," Trans stated.

"How long?"

"Maybe a week?"

"Maybe?"

"For sure, one week," Trans amended.

"Okay, then, you best be off, and notify me of the progress of your plan," Fisk said, shooing Trans away.

Trans left the room in a hurry.

"Well, that was certainly informative," Bullseye said, leaving his position behind the drapes.

"How long have you been there?" Fisk asked, annoyed.

"Long enough.  I just came to report the progress on our other assignment."

"Ah, and how is it coming along?"

"Your intimidation approach didn't quite work.  After I notified him of the situation, he pulled a Glock on me.  A Glock.  Had that been anyone else, I would have fed him his heart, but I knew you wanted him alive," Bulseye stated.

"Preferably, but if he doesn't want to cooperate than he doesn't have to.  Fisk Industries is the biggest shareholder, and if he dies, for whatever reason, I will become the head of his company."