You've Broken Into the Pentagon

At the hotel...

"So, what did you find out about Trans?"

"To begin with, his first name is Oliver, and he has a registered home in New York, if you want to check it out," Barbara offered.

"Sure," Bruce replied.

"Okay, I just texted you the coordinates; along with a few other facts to take note of.  Enjoy!"

Bruce checked his phone, and got dressed.

At Trans' home...

Hmm, basic security.  The lock can be easily picked, but I need an approach that he won't forget.  Something that'll ensure he'll give me accurate information.  I'll go through the roof, Batman decided, gliding to the roof.

Batman placed a controlled explosive on the roof, and stood back.

Boom!

The roof collapsed, and Batman swooped in.  He found Trans, and threw a batarang at his sleeve; keeping Trans in place.

"Who are you?"

"Oliver Trans, you swore an oath to uphold the law," Batman said, "since then, you've used your power to weasel your way into various criminal organizations.  Most notably, the Kingpin's."

"What do you want?" Trans asked, fearfully.

"I want to know Fisk's target," Batman stated.

"Sure, sure, just don't kill me.  Fisk wants-"

Bang!

Trans crumpled to the floor, his arm hanging to the wall; his sleeve still attached to the batarang.  Batman dove for cover, and took out his binoculars.  He zoomed in, exposing as little of himself as possible, and saw someone packing something away about four hundred meters away.

Dammit!  Sniper.  Seems as though he's leaving, maybe I can take him by surprise, Batman thought, grappling to the building the sniper was at.

"Ah, Batman, should've expected you'd come," Deadshot stated.

"Why did you kill Trans?" Batman questioned.

"Hey, you know me, I don't ask questions," Deadshot replied.

Without warning, Deadshot unleashed a volley of bullets at Batman through his wrist mounted pistols.  Batman ducked and weaved through the bullets.  Still firing, Deadshot strapped himself into some rock climbing gear and rappelled down.

You're not getting away that easily, Batman thought, jumping from his position to pursue Deadshot.

Once the two were at street-level, Deadshot fired at Batman, and ran into the subway underground.  Screams followed Deadshot's movements, closely followed by the mad rush of New Yorkers.  Batman had trouble chasing Deadshot through the underground, but saw him board the subway.  As Batman approached the subway cart, the doors closed, and it left the station.  Batman checked where the subway would next stop, and read Columbus Circle.  Batman rushed over to Columbus Circle, just in time to see the subway roll into the station, and out came Deadshot.

"You again?" Deadshot asked, incredulously, grabbing a random person.  "Come any closer and he's dead," Deadshot stated, pointing his wrist mounted pistol at his hostage.

The subway started pulling out of the station, and Deadshot kicked the hostage into the subway's track.

"It's me or the hostage, Batman.  You decide," Deadshot called, fleeing the scene.