Chapter 4

As Pha was driving towards the training area for the upcoming competition his stomach twirled in a way it hadn't done since high school. He tried to focus on the road as the memories of the long-lost Wayo simmered into his consciousness. The countless times he'd snuck off to watch him in the auditorium playing the grand piano on stage when the young omega must have thought he was alone. Pha usually peered in through the glass doors but the one time he remembered the most was when he'd slipped in before Wayo was there, hiding behind the huge velvet drapes of the stage. Sitting down he listened to the boy practice, how the otherwise timid boy cursed like a sailor when he made a mistake and he couldn't help but laugh. The piano had abruptly stopped playing and Wayo called out to see who was there. Pha had been a coward, how different it would have been if he had only stayed and said something instead of running off. Pha gripped the wheels a little tighter, Wayo was probably at Mahidol University by now, if his father hadn't shipped him off to some prestigious international school for pianists...

He couldn't really say if he felt the same way for Yo, but even now, with his stronger suppressants, the mere thought of Yo made his inner alpha stir and he could feel the testosterone filled emotion creeping up, urging him on to pursue the doe-eyed young man. He glanced down towards the cup holders holding the pink milk he'd bought for Yo and smiled.

He parked the car in front of the steps up to the training area and grabbed the drink, the condensation almost making the plastic cup slip out of his hold. He walked up the stairs and Beam and Kit was already seated by one of the wooden tables quarreling about something before noticing him.

"Well... Is that for me" Beam tried to grab the drink but the considerably longer Pha just put it out of reach.

"Ah... No... It's for..."

He didn't have time to elaborate as a honking scooter had him turning to see it screeching to a halt next to his car. The one in front was Forth and the smaller man behind him was... Yo...

He had a hard time containing himself as he saw the tight grip Yo had on the larger alpha. Yo uncurled his fingers from Forth's leather jacket and got off the scooter looking a little bit wobbly and pale. Pha let out a whine at seeing him so frail and Beam chuckled.

"You sound like a wounded dog" Beam said and Kit slapped his arm.

"Ow! Why are you hitting me all the time?!"

"Why are you being such an idiot all the time?!" Kit answered but Beam just rolled his eyes as he saw Pha heading in the direction of Yo and Forth.

"Are you okay" Pha uttered when he came down the steps and Yo looked up with a surprised look on his face.

"You're back..." Yo said with a slight tremble in his voice as he wobbled on his feet. Pha reached out to steady him but Forth was already there.

"I got him" Forth gave Pha a menacing look as he helped Yo up the stairs to the table where Beam and Kit sat and Pha followed behind them.

"Wow, you look pretty pale n'Yo" Beam muttered as he ducked to get away from Kit's swiping hand.

"Sorry guys, sorry Forth, I'm not used to riding a scooter"

"Oh really, what things are you used to riding then" Beam continued and this time Kit was faster and hit him in the shoulder. "Worth it" Beam murmured as he rubbed at his sore spot.

-oOo-

Yo felt lightheaded even when sitting down as he tried to take in the fact that Pha was finally back at school and that he had sounded so worried for him. He glanced up to see both Forth and Pha looking down at him and he could feel his cheeks heat up from the look on their faces. Both men were admitting alpha pheromones and he could feel his entire body react to it as he squirmed in his seat.

"Can you two practice some self-control" Kit frowned and both alphas looked slightly ashamed as a third tall alpha joined them by the table.

"Yeah guys, be a little bit more like me, right, Kitkat" the black haired Ming said with a dazzling smile as he sat down and Kit scowled at him before moving towards Beam to get away from the tall alpha.

Yo smiled at Ming who only had eyes for the red-headed omega. They had met for the first time yesterday morning and Ming had stopped in his tracks when seeing the other man. Ming had driven from breakfast in record time and when they rushed up the stairs Kit had tripped and Ming caught him. Kit acted like Ming had committed some atrocious crime against him but Ming couldn't seem to help it, he was absolutely smitten. Yo had spent the night listening to Ming's different plans to charm his way into the petite omega's heart and when Ming didn't show up that morning, Yo was in luck when Forth came by and asked if he needed a ride.

"So where were you this morning?" Yo asked his friend but Ming just continued to stare at Kit. Yo reached over the table and hit him in the head.

"OW! Why did you?... Oh. Sorry. I forgot..."

"Not to worry, I gave him a ride" Forth said looking directly at Pha who clenched his teeth and Forth turned to Yo.

"So, Yo, I was wondering if you would like to go dinner with me sometime?" Forth leaned in and looked, to be honest, like some bad boy movie star just descended from the sky. Yo was in love with Pha, but he had made it clear on numerous occasion that he didn't like him, he didn't even recognize him. Even if Pha had sounded worried for him just now, that was one moment out of a hundred, maybe it was time to let him go. That thought made something ache in his heart as he looked up at Forth again.

"I, uhm..." Yo glanced from the smiling Forth to Pha who looked like he had swallowed a box full of pins, Yo looked at Ming who wiggled his eyebrows and grinned and wasn't helpful in the slightest. "Sure, when?"

"Tonight, we can go after practice?" Yo nodded and the tension was thick as bricks when Pha drew in a breath and broke the spell.

"I'll come too, we can take my car" Yo's mouth was hanging open and Forth snorted before shrugging.

"Sure, a little competition never hurt" Forth walked off and Yo still hadn't gotten a grip on what had just happened when Pha put down a drink in front of him.

"For you" he said without making eye contact and Pha rushed off with his hands in his pockets, Kit and Beam following him close by.

Yo looked down on the slightly crushed plastic cup containing pink milk and blinked.

"Well well well" Ming was still grinning as he gripped his friend's shoulders. "You have a date!" Yo gulped.

"Fuck".

Writer's note: I don't have writer's block, I just got TOO LITTLE TIME!