Chapter 8

Phana's leg felt like wired strings as he simultaneously wanted to turn back and barge into Yo's room and pin him against the wall and kiss him and the other side wanted to run to his room and fall asleep. Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough. His rational side won over, barely, and he took long strides towards his room, a big goofy grin on his face as he considered sending Yo a message, only then realizing that he didn't have him added on any social media. That was going to be corrected tomorrow, he thought as he reached for his keys and put them in the lock. But the door was already unlocked and he tensed as he slowly and quietly let the door fall open. He was hit by a familiar smell and now that he focused on it, he should have noticed it earlier.

"Mom...What... How... Why are you here"

Phana's mother was already re-arranging his furniture as she looked up and came to greet her son.

"Is that any way to greet your mother?" she said with a smirk as she hugged him lightly before returning to moving the dining room table that stood in the middle of the living room.

"There, better feng shui" Khun Mae looked at Pha, her hands on her hips and he had to admit, moving the table to the window wasn't a bad idea.

"Yeah... It's... Great..." He slumped down on the couch, putting his feet on the table and his mother came to sit next to him.

"I see your manners completely disappeared since you moved" his mother eyed him as he sighed and put his feet on the floor, lifting himself to a more upright position.

"Much better" she continued "So... Who was that you were walking with just now?"

Pha tensed up, had she seen something? Probably not.

"Just a freshman, he's in this year's moon and stars competition," he said, scratching his head, trying for a carefree tone.

"Oh really, he must be handsome then"

"I really haven't noticed" Pha said dismissively as his mother pursed her lips.

"Well... You watch out, maybe THAT boy will end up with Pring" Pha looked at her mother questioningly before realizing she must have heard of his disastrous date with Pring as his mouth fell open.

"That's right... I got a call from my BOSS about it"

"You came here because the date went bad?" Even Pha had a hard time believing that and his eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Don't be silly, I came to give you your sashes from last year's competition and manage some business in town" His otherwise poised mother managed to copy his earlier move and slumped down on the couch "On the way here I got a call about you being VERY rude to Pring... She suggested she could be with a friend instead and you AGREED"

Pha gritted his teeth. It hadn't been the best way to handle it and he didn't know how to explain himself without letting his mother know that he was A, gay or B, attracted to a particular omega boy who also lived in his building.

"Mooom... I'm sorry... I just... Pring and I... We aren't a good fit... She's-"

"An alpha, is that it" his mother cut him off with a hurt tone to her voice and he had no time to answer as she continued.

"You know... Being a woman and an alpha isn't easy. You could at least give her a chance before deciding that".

"Mom... I... It's not that..."

"Good, then you apologize, show her a good time and THEN decide"

Pha realized the finality of his mother's voice and he just nodded at the floor.