Chapter 10

The doctor's office was stark white and Phana felt his mouth dry further as heard the doctor's words.

"What do you mean I can't get a refill?" Pha felt clammy as the doctor looked at him with a pitiful look.

"Young man, I'm sympathetic to your situation but I can't give your more, I would lose my license".

~oOo~

This wasn't the end of the world, maybe he could get another doctor to prescribe him more suppressants, Phana thought as he pummeled forward through the heavy traffic having to slam the brakes to not crash into the car in front of him. He gripped the steering wheel tightly and rested his head on it for a second before looking up again. His heart was racing, he hadn't been on the suppressants long but everything felt different now that he wasn't anymore, heightened. How was he going to ask Wayo out when just the memory of his scent made him wild?

Despite his thoughts, his car pulled up into the parking lot in front of the dance studio where Wayo was practicing for the Moon and Stars competition.

He turned the engine off and sighed. He was going to have to do this one way or another, without running away this time.

But what if Wayo said no? Maybe he was interested in Forth? Or Ming?

Someone knocked on the side window and he jumped and hit his head on the car ceiling.

"Hey ai'Pha, are you going to sit there all day?" Beam wiggled his eyebrows at him and Pha reluctantly stepped out of the car, rubbing his head.

"Where's Kit?" Pha wondered and Beam rolled his eyes and pursed his lips.

"He's up there" Beam gestured to the second floor of the building. "With Ming" Beam said with a menacing tone.

"Oh," Pha thought about that for a second and smiled.

"What's so good about that?!" Beam flopped his arms out, "Who's going to be my wingman if the both of you are lovey-dovey idiots?!"

"Kit is hard to get, I don't think he's going to go all 'lovey-dovey'" Pha did air quote marks and continued, "from Ming just handing him a drink".

"You think?" Beam didn't look convinced but they both headed off towards the training room, a big knot firm in place in the middle of Pha's stomach.

The building seemed to loam ahead of them as Pha went up the stairs when it hit him. Out from the glassdoors stepped Wayo, he was drying the sweat off himself with a towel from what Pha supposed was a grueling dance practice.

Wayo's sweet aroma filled the air and Pha's heart pounded hard in his chest. He could feel his alpha side stir within him, wanting him to surge forward to his potential mate. He took a deep breath to steady himself. Okay, this was it, he just had to ask.

"ai'Pha?" Beam looked at him with a smirk, a light hand on his left upper arm.
"Are you alright there buddy... You seem kinda... Frozen" Beam looked between Pha and Wayo and let out a small laugh.

The sound made itself to Wayo, and the young man turned in their direction. Pha gulped and took a step forward. Wayo looked apprehensive, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as Pha closed the distance between them. He was so close now, and the smell made him dizzy and lightheaded.

"Uhm... I..." Pha wetted his lips and Wayo looked up at him with his doe-eyes and Phana wondered if he felt the same as he gathered the strength to get the rest out.

"I heard you needed a piano"

"Yes?" Wayo raised his eyebrows now, wondering where this was going, and if Pha were going to run away again like he did the last time.