two; real life

SEBASTIAN, HURRY UP!❞ Caterina shouted, groaning in frustration. The man in question was showering, but he was taking so long that she was beginning to doubt she would ever get to shower. But right when she was going to risk it all and bust the door down, Sebastian waltzed out of the bathroom, towel around his waist. He looked at her with a lazy smirk, raising an eyebrow.

"What were you saying?" he asked, making her roll her eyes and give him an exasperated sigh in response.

"Go to hell, Stan."

"I've been there. It's not really my type," he retorted, stepping aside as she practically dashed into the bathroom.

A solid twenty minutes later, Caterina exited the bathroom, makeup and hair done practically to perfection. Sebastian looked up from his spot on the bed, where he was busy texting the Infinity War group chat, offering her a half smile.

"And I take too long?"

"Don't start with me, Seb, or I will literally fling you into the ocean." she glared at him, earning a soft chuckle.

"Gah, you're grumpy this morning. It'll all go perfectly, Cat. Nothing to worry about," he reassured, trying not to let his tone dip into sarcasm. Her gaze instantly softened, and she nodded.

"Thanks, Seb. She just worries me sometimes, you know? And it doesn't help that she's called off weddings before."

"Hey, don't worry about that. She seems to be in love with this one. Let's go get breakfast, yeah? There's a Starbucks across the street, and I know you need your fix."

"You're the best, Stan. Not that I ever said that."

"Understood." He stood up and linked their arms, and the two were on their way.

--

Four hours and five fan encounters later, the two arrived at the venue where the wedding was being held. The moment they stepped in the building, Sebastian was pulled into the groom's room, while Caterina was led to the bride's.

"Thank God, you're here. You're late." Crystal looked frazzled as she stared at Caterina. Slowly, her expression changed to one of suspicion. "Were you and Sebastian-"

"No. Gosh, Crystal, no. We're best friends, that's it!" the woman insisted, rolling her eyes. Crystal just gave her a knowing look, rolling her eyes right back.

"That's what they all say, doll. Now, please help me get into my dress. And then yours is right over there, on the rack. Sebastian is still okay with you walking with John, right? It's only tradition..." Crystal trailed off, making Caterina chuckle.

"Yes, Sebastian is okay with it. Remember, he isn't my boyfriend. Now, drop my love life. Yours is the important one today, Crys." Caterina smiled softly at her friend, moving to zip up the back of her dress. "There." she moved to grab her own dress, taking it from the rack and turning to face her friend.

"Oh, wow, Crys. You look beautiful. James is so lucky. If he doesn't cry, I'll kick him." Caterina couldn't help but smile at how beautiful her friend looked, at the life she knew Crystal would finally get. The woman was indecisive, but that led to her being completely sure when it came to James. For that, Caterina was thankful. However, staring at her friend made her wish she was on that side of a wedding for once. Not, of course, that her parents would let that happen anytime soon. She shook her head to clear the thought.