nineteen; real life

SEBASTIAN SAT IN FRONT of Caterina at their counter, looking a mix of confused and concerned. She had just stared at him since she sat down, leaving him to overthink what she wanted to talk about. A series of scenarios ran through his head, and none of them were good. Before they could get too realistic, Caterina took his hands in hers, smiling softly. That alone relaxed Sebastian, who returned the smile, even if it was a bit uneasily.

"Sebastian Stan, the apple of my eye, the love of my life-"

"You sound like you're proposing. Aren't we already married?" He teased, looking down at their hands as if inspecting their rings. She rolled her eyes, swatting at him slightly.

"Seb! Listen to me!" She replied, making him raise an eyebrow.

"My attention is all yours, Cat. What is it?"

"Okay, I know how you think, so it's not anything bad, don't freak out." She breathed out a laugh, playing with his fingers. He nodded, her words making him a bit more concerned than he felt he should have been. "I, uh, gah, this shouldn't be so hard."

"Darling, if it's something serious, we can get help or- I don't know, but I'm with you through everything, you know that. Always have been, always will be." He squeezed her hand, and she nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Sebastian, I'm pregnant. It's confirmed, it's happening, and I know it's wild because we can barely parent Tom- he's basically our kid anyway, and he has a girlfriend, that little jerk!- but yeah, it's happening." Caterina continued to ramble, making Sebastian repeat her name a few times to get her attention.

"Caterina, my love, my wife, look at me," he hummed, making her hesitantly do exactly that. She raised an eyebrow, and he squeezed her hands. "I love you. This is great news. Don't freak out. We'll handle this."

"Why are you so calm about this?" She asked softly, laughing under her breath.

"Because I trust you, and I love you, and I know that any child of ours will be a great one. I do have one request, though," he said, making her tilt her head in curiosity, her eyes encouraging him to continue. "If it's a boy, we name him Luca."

Caterina froze for a moment, her eyes welling with tears before she stood up, walking over to him and placing her hands on his face.

"I would like that very much," she replied, pressing a kiss to his lips. He smiled against hers, pressing another to them when she pulled away.

"I'm glad. Now, we need to talk to our friends, tell them the good news, and then we need to tell everyone else before the media does."

"But that means going back on social media," she replied with a sigh, biting her lip. "I kind of like not having it."

"As do I, but you need it, and so do I. We have to get our crafts out there somehow. Plus, they miss us, as do our friends."

"That's true. I'm just wary, I guess. Like, I don't know how I'll feel after being gone for three months."

"It'll be fine, Caterina. I promise, and when have I ever broken a promise to you?" He asked, making her smile.

"Never."

"Exactly, now let's go call Tom and tell him he's going to be a brother." Sebastian stood up, taking her hand to go into the living room. She laughed, curling into his side as they sat on the couch. Sebastian dialed Tom's number, and when he heard a British "hello?", he handed the phone to Caterina.

"My favorite child, how are you?" She asked fondly, smiling brightly as she heard him recount his day and how he was doing.

"I'm your only child," he said in passing, as if it was an afterthought, and Caterina had to bite her lip from telling him right then. After a whole conversation, she eventually found a quiet moment, saying, "Hey, Tom?"

"Yeah, Cat?" He asked.

"We're having a kid, congrats on not being an only child anymore!" Sebastian exclaimed, making Tom go silent for a moment before whooping.

"Yes! Nice! I love this!" He shouted in response. "We're having dinner tonight to celebrate! I'll invite everyone and set up the reservation, just show up."

"What a quality kid," Cat remarked, and Tom laughed on the other end.

"I'll see you guys tonight," he said before hanging up, leaving the couple to silence.

"Well, looks like we're having a party," Sebastian mused, shaking his head fondly at the antics of his friend.

"Looks like it. Let's go get ready then, I guess." Caterina reluctantly stood, going to their room to decide what to wear. Sebastian followed not too long after, commenting on the outfit she was examining. For a few moments, they just smiled, unbelievably happy about the luck they seemed to have.

--

[13.03.18]

wow who saw it coming?! literally everyone!! nice!!