Ungolim

"Dearest Listener, Since you've acquired a position as Speaker as well as listeners I feel it's best we speak. I do hope this finds you in good health. As I have many concerns for the brotherhood... Mainly that your running it into the ground. Tradition is all well and good however when tradition creates tension with authority. I feel as if there's a problem when a secret organization or, what is supposed to be a secret organization. Is spoken of in fear or at all! Is a completely horrid tactic for the survival of the brother hood and I feel as if we should meet in person to discuss."  Vicente read out loud as Zara frowned.
"He's undermining my authority to the others and creating distrust. If we all serve the dread father what need is there for him to be so... Insubordinate.
How many times do you think he's invoked the wrath of sithis? More than a handful to be sure ,and I am running us to the ground."  Zara sighed.

"What did I just walk into?" Lucien questioned
"Ungolim wants to meet." Zara rolled her eyes.
"You mean Ughhhh-Golim. He's the guy you told me you hate because he bad mouthed Reva and some friends of yours in front of the black hand and undermines you at every turn right?" Lucien confirmed.
"Not the time to Joke about it ,but essentially yes and now I don't have Reva to back me up." Zara explained.
"Not to mention he's hell bent on becoming Listener no matter what he has to do to achieve the goal. Including Killing Zara." Vicente added. Zara shot him a glare.
"So we'll back her up." Lucien offered.
"One small problem with that." Zara smirked at the sweetness of his offer.
"It's considered an a insult for another person to be present at a privately invited meeting." Lucien remembered.
"So it would all but insure an attempt at her assassination."Vicente added.
"However I think I can take care of myself as I've proved before." Zara countered while walking towards the door.
"Where are you going?" Vicente questioned.
"To prepare myself... I'm gonna train just in case Ungolim decides to get smart."
Zara walked out Vicente's doors to head to the training room.
This Left only Lucien and Vicente.
"I'm trying to trust her I really am ,but I can't help but worry about her." Lucien explained.
"I know you care about her Lucien. But she can handle herself." Vicente reminded him.
"I know and that's what scares me." Lucien sighed.
"I just don't want her to get hurt she plays fair, not everyone else does." Lucien responded.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
A few hours before her meeting with Ungolim.Zara had checked in with Vicente for council as she usually did.
"We need to discuss something ."Vicente looked to her.
"Lucien, he cares about you,you know that right?"
Vicente inquired.
"I do. Which is why I need to keep my distance Vicente especially from him." Zara frowned.
"Why?" He questioned.
"I break everything I touch. If I decide to let him in he'll get hurt."Zara explained
"I think he'll surprise you Zara. He's the only man you can kiss without Killing he's immune... Not to mention he's got a lot of good qualities he's a good assassin, he's smart,tactful." Vicente Told her.
"He puts everyone else before himself, he's determined, He thinks nobody will notice but he uses the money he earns from contracts and gives it to beggars he passes in notes. He does this one thing where when he's really confused or frustrated he lowers his right eyebrow. He's a good Assassin the embodiment of what the dark brotherhood should be. He Acts all tough and scary and refined ,but it's all an act the real him is this Scared socially awkward boy, who learned that do die happy and kind. Is better than to live miserably and cruelly.
He likes acting tough especially on contracts but he's a huge nerd he study's half the time he views this as a craft he's an elegant professional. Yet sometimes when no ones looking he's a goof ball." Zara got lost in her thoughts.
"You Care for him as well." Vicente stated as if thinking out loud.
Zara just bit her lip smiled and looked down.
"Zara if feeling like you let people down or hurt them in the past is holding you back don't let it. Linus was an accident and Reva wasn't your fault. I know people have made you feel like your not Valued but Zara if you feel anything towards him anything at all tell him." Vicente advised.
"What about the others what if they think he's advancing because of me and not because of his skill?" Zara questioned.
"They know his merits well enough already. If it worry's you don't tell the others right away."
He answered.
"Now to business." Vicente changed the subject.
"Ungolim wants me dead this is known. The tenets I must face him alone as it is an invited meeting. So I may have planned ahead." Zara chuckled.
"With a little bit of healing Alchemy." Zara smiled before heading out alone into the night.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
The cunning Assassin walked into the meeting prepared.
The cocky Wood elf stood with shadows covering half his face his yellow bling hair gelled back. A bow over his green shirt and Leather-vest.
"Zara!" He smiled.
"Ungolim. You know, for a well known recluse you sure do like to work." Zara smiled falsely.
"What can I say anything for the brotherhood."
He smirked.
"Hmm... How noble of you. To do all this for the brotherhood and expect nothing in return." She answered walking around Ungolim and removing an arrow.
"Anyway I didn't call you here to discuss trivialities. Zara you're running the brotherhood to the ground and I'd like help you keep it afloat."
Zara felt the sharp edges of the arrow head on the arrow she held. Before snapping the arrow in half and throwing it to the ground.
"No,Ungolim. Here's Why you feel Im running it to the ground. EXACTLY IM RUNNING IT. Not you.I AM ZARA GRAVES and I am YOUR LISTENER! Weather you like it or not our unholy matron picked me so undermining my authority at every turn and turning the Black hand against itself is what is and I quote "Running the brotherhood to the ground." You see that's your leadership not mine so No I will not accept your help "keeping it afloat." Zara Threatened.
"Poor choice because you see you won't be Listener for long." Ungolim chuckled throwing a knife at Zara which landed in her chest. It started to bleed causing Zara to stumble back and spit blood into the floor before she laughed darkly pulling the knife from her chest.
"Was that supposed to hurt?" Zara asked him.
Ungolim looked like he was about to piss himself.
Zara wiped off the bloodied knife and dropped it before Ungolim.
"It's a mercy I let you live. Word of advice, Learn your place."Zara advised. Zara walked away and as she did Ungolim reached for his knife again.
"Don't ,Ungolim,just don't you'll only embarrass yourself again."She smiled strutting out as Ungolim sheathed his blade uttering obscenities under his breath.