n i n e.

"You don't understand the full story, (Y/N)."

You shot up out of bed, your breaths coming out in short gasps. Your hair fell around your face as you sliently sobbed. A hand was gently placed on your leg, causing you to jump slightly and look up. Your eyes met Dark's soulless ones, although you could tell he was concerned. Your hand gently and instinctively touched your neck where he had strangled you. It was still sore and seeing him again did not make it any better. You kept your head down, eyes locked on the blanket covering your body. You heard him sigh.

"Look, (Y/N), I am terribly sorry for my actions earlier. I shouldn't have acted out like that. I really need you to listen to me. Please, just look a-"

"You were there?" You silently interrupted him.

He paused, looking into your eyes before sighing again. "Yes, I was. Now, before you go on making assumptions, I need to tell you the whole story so please just hear me out, okay?"

You nodded in response. "Okay, I'll start at the beginning," he paused before continuing. Hesitation filled his voice and his normal suave nature seemed to crumble. This has to be something very important to hin, otherwise he wouldn't break down like this. "That night I was there. I saw everything; I felt everything. The truth is...I had my eyes on you for a while, (Y/N). I had accidentally stumbled upon your beautiful self one day when I was walking around town. I knew that there was something coming; I could sense it. It made everything feel off inside of me. So, I decided to watch over you. Almost like a guardian angel. I was there that night your mother died. I tried everything in my power to protect the both of you, but I couldn't. You were the only one I could save. I have been looking over you ever since that night. I knew you had no one to help you, to protect you, so I kept my watch over you. When you were depressed, I felt it too. I tried to take all your pain away; I hated seeing you sad. I tried to make you feel comforted when you felt sad and alone. I wanted so badly to show my face to you, to tell you it was okay and I was there for you. But I knew you would be afraid. That's why I 'kidnapped' you. I wanted to make sure no one ever hurt you ever again. Yes, I know I hurt you and I feel god awful for it. I was angry and I wanted to show my power. I really want to make that up to you, though," a slight smirk pulled at his lips.

You looked down at your lap, contemplating everything he had said. He was there. He protected you. He has been watching you for a while. He tried to make you feel happy by taking your depressed thoughts and feelings. He cared about you. You smiled and looked back up at him. You leaned closer to him and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He was hesitant to act at first, but he eventually wrapped his arms around your waist. He kissed your temple as you pulled away slightly. Your eyes met and you couldn't stop staring at them. You eventually snapped out of it and looked down, blush dusting your cheeks. He chuckled lightly at the sight. You finally looked back up at him.

"I trust you completely now."

He seemed confused at first, but then remembered his request of you he had asked a couple of days ago.

"Good, Princess."

"So, are you going to tell me how you are going to make it up to me?" You asked as you bit your lower lip in anticipation of an answer.

Dark's evil smirk returned as he looked at you. His tongue ran over his fangs quickly, causing a shiver to run down your spine.

"I think it'd be better if I showed you, Princess."