t w e n t y - s i x.

It had now been three days since Mark returned. You stretched your limbs as you stood next to the queen size bed in the guest room Mark set up for you. Searching for clothes to wear, you discovered that all the clothes Mark had given to you were dirty. Slipping into the hallway, you made it to his bedroom door. You took a deep breath before lightly beating your knuckles onto the wood.

"Yeah?" You heard a surprised and muffled voice.

"It's me. Can I come in?"

Silence met your ears before the swift click of the doorknob being turned split the silence as Mark stood before you. Your eyes did a quick and subconscious once-over of him to see that he looked quite disheveled.

"What's up?" He asked before you could question his appearance.

"I don't have anything clean to wear. But, I was thinking, maybe I should go home today. I could make sure everything's alright at h-"

"No." He replied sternly.

"No?"

"I mean, no, I don't want you to leave! I've had such a great time with you, and I feel like I need to make things up to you."

You sighed. "Mark, we've been over this. You don't have to keep trying to make up for what Dark did to me. Your kind hospitality is more than enough. I just feel like I should let everyone know I'm alright."

This time Mark sighed. "Okay, I'll see," he replied with a chuckle.

"So, can I borrow some clothes?" You awkwardly asked.

"Oh, yes, of course! Here," he said as he shuffled around the room, grabbing various items and handing them to you. You looked down to see it was a pair of gym shorts and a baggy t-shirt.

"Thank you, Mark!" You chirped before placing a kiss on his cheek and skipping out of the room.

----------

After a delicious breakfast you cooked for the two of you, Mark announced that he needed to head into town to run errands. You quickly encouraged him, thinking that it would be nice to be alone for a bit. You waited a few minutes after he shut the front door before rushing into his room. Pulling every drawer out and misplacing countless items, you sighed in discontent as you couldn't find your phone that Dark had taken and smashed. As you sulked, your eyes landed on an object on Mark's dresser. Upon further investigation, you realized, to your happiness, that Mark had left his phone behind. You figured you didn't have long before he realized it and possibly came back to retrieve it. You clicked a button to find yourself blocked by a pattern password. After thinking to yourself for a bit, you swiftly swiped your fingers in the shape of the letter "M" and smiled to yourself as you guessed correctly and were rewarded with full access to the phone.

"So predictable," you thought to yourself as a large smirk played on your face. Your smile dropped as you realized you didn't know who to call. You can't call the cops, they'll think you're crazy or they might arrest Mark. Can't call your parents considering they're gone. You had no one. Opening up his contacts and scrolling through, you found one person who you did know and who would understand: Tyler.

The phone rang twice before his voice picked up.

"H-Hello?"

"Tyler? Hey, it's me, (Y/N)."

His attitude seemed to instantly switch. "Oh, hey! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. He's gone."

"Good to hear."

"Yeah, it is. I need to ask a favor."

"Okay, shoot."

"I need to leave here and go home, but Mark won't let me for some reason. Is there any way you could give me a ride?"

"Sure, of course."

"Thank you so much, Tyler. Can you come get me soon?"

"I'm on my way."

You gathered the few items that you had at Mark's house and impatiently waited for Tyler to arrive. A honk outside alerted you of his presence. You smiled as you opened the front door and kissed that house full of nightmares goodbye. Tyler greeted you with a smile as you slid into the car.

"Ready?"

"Hell yeah."

----------

The drive was somewhat silent and awkward, mainly because you had no idea how to get to your house from Mark's. As Tyler patiently drove around waiting for you to finally recognize a street name, you decided to split the awkward silence.

"Tyler?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything. I'm sorry I was rude to you. You were so kind to me and I just brushed you off. Thanks for helping me overcome this."

Tyler let out a long sigh. "I think you spoke too soon."

It took a few seconds before his words hit you as if he had smacked your cheek. "What?"

"We're not going to your house, (Y/N)."

Panic instantly swelled within you and caused your heart to beat rapidly. "W-What do you mean?"

"I mean that I'm taking you right back to his house," he replied sternly.

"Why?!"

Tyler didn't say another word as he quickly navigated the two of you back to Mark's. You mind raced with thoughts on escaping, but you figured you had no choice but to let Tyler lead you inside that hellhole. You stepped into the house and instantly felt chills. Tyler led you down the hall and into a room that you hadn't noticed before. Your eyes scanned the rows of book cases and the large desk before you. "This must be his study," you thought as Tyler commanded you to sit in one of the chairs placed in front of the desk. He slipped into a door off to the side and you heard muffled voices before the door swung open. Tyler stepped out first and made his way over towards your direction as your eyes fell on the next figure entering the room.

"D-Dark?" You quivered in terror.

He smoothed out his silky black suit and readjusted his dark tie. His eyes locked on to yours and a wide smile characterized his face.

"Hello there, darling. I believe we have a few orders of business we must discuss."