e i g h t e e n.

You checked the clock on your phone. 2:30 a.m. What were you going to do now? There was no way you could fall asleep after drinking several cups of coffee. Drumming your fingers on the table, you finally decided to watch some T.V. to pass the time. You plopped down on the couch in the living area and turned the T.V. on.

After finally settling on a random paid programing show, you got restless and pulled out your phone. You scrolled through several social media apps smiling at what your friends had posted. Feeling drowsy, you placed your phone on your chest and drifted off to sleep.

----------

You woke up to the bright morning sun shining through the windows of the living room. Groaning, you half-consciously sat up and stretched your limbs. After rubbing your eyes, you stood up and headed into the kitchen.

When you walked in, you heard a low grumble behind you that made you stop in your tracks.

"Why weren't you in bed this morning?"

You swallowed, remembering Mark's words encouraging you to be strong. You turned around and crossed your arms.

"I had a nightmare and woke up early so I got up and couldn't fall asleep."

"You could've woken me, Princess. I could've helped you," Dark said with a softness in his voice that almost made you melt. Almost.

"I'm fine, Dark. I can handle it."

Dark let out a growl at his name. "What's my name?"

"Your name is Dark."

"What's my name, Princess?" He said, his words slicing into you. This time when he said "Princess" it felt more of a mocking term than the nickname he used for you.

"I said you're name is Dark because it is."

Suddenly, you were slammed into the wall. "Have you forgotten who I am to you?! Did you forget what I can do to you? What's my name?!" His anger seemed to radiate off his skin.

"Your name is Dark," you said as your courage slowly faded.

Dark growled loudly and grabbed your wrists tightly, causing you to squirm from the discomfort and pain. He slammed you back into the wall one more time. "You're lucky I'm feeling somewhat nice right now. Don't you ever forget me again," he said as he released his hold on you and stormed off.

You slowly slid down the wall until your butt hit the floor. Your sides hurt extremely, making you think that he broke a rib or two. Looking at your wrists, you saw how red and swollen they were and began to imagine the large bruises it would form. "How can I keep doing this? He'll kill me," you thought as images of Mark flashed through your mind. "He needs me. I have to be strong." You thought as you lifted yourself up from the floor despite the sharp pain. You made your way to the couch and eased yourself onto it, relishing in its comfort it gave you. You sat there for a few moments before an idea hit you. Quickly pulling your phone out, you opened your conversation with Ty. He was the only one who could help you now.

Me: I always make real eggs. Sorry I said that it's never good. Not everyone eats deliciously. Have everyone like pizza.

You sent the message as you hoped and prayed that he would know to decode it by taking the first letter of each word so your true message of "I am resisting. Need help," would go through. You got up from the couch and decided to take a shower. Grabbing a change of clothes that you picked out for the day, you locked the bathroom door behind you and turned on the showerhead.

-----

After drying off and getting changed, you headed out of the bathroom and into the living area. While in your shower, you realized you had left your phone out here and remembered the last time that happened. You noticed that it wasn't on the couch where you left it and fear instantly crept its way into your mind.

"Looking for something?" Dark said as he walked into the living room from the kitchen, dangling your device between two of his fingers.

You decided to claim ignorance. "There it is! I'm so glad you found it, I thought I los-"

"Cut the bullshit, (Y/N)." His harsh and stern tone cut through your defenses. "Why is Tyler messaging you?"

"He asked me how I was doing," you spat.

"Whatever," Dark said as he dropped your phone onto the tile floor.

"What the hell?!"

"Don't use that language and tone with me!" Dark yelled back.

"Why did you do that?"

"It's not broken; do you want it to be? Or maybe I'll just break your pretty little face," Dark replied as his rage grew.

"Why are you threatening me? I didn't do anything," you replied.

"I've told you not to trust outsiders and you deliberately go behind my back and talk to one. I won't have that."

"You don't own me," you hissed at him.

"What's that?"

"You. Don't. Own. Me."

Dark gritted his teeth in rage as your words hit him. He ran up to you and grabbed your wrists, dragging you behind him while you squirmed and kicked around. He kicked the door to a random room open. You noticed that it happened to be Mark's recording room. Again. He threw you into the wall before marching over to you and summoning handcuffs with his powers. He quickly cuffed your hands to some kind of chain that he placed in the ceiling. Your toes lightly grazed the floor as he stepped back to admire his work. You kept your eyes on the floor as he slammed his fists into your abdomen and side, cracking your ribs. He stopped for a moment and you took that time to spit the blood that had formed in your mouth onto him. He wiped it off of his face and shot you an evil grin.

"Really, Princess? You want to keep disrespecting me? I have no problem continuing to beat the life out of you."

You didn't respond and kept your eyes on the ground.

"Answer me when I talk to you!" Dark's booming voice called out.

"Please...just stop," you squeaked out as blood dribbled down your chin.

"Darling, I have to teach you that there's consequences for your actions. First, you forget my name," he slapped your face and punched your stomach. "Next you talk to that guy again," he said as he punched your cheek and kicked your legs. "And, to top it all off, you forget my power over you," he placed his hands around your neck and squeezed, causing you to jerk your head up and gasp for air. Your eyes met his soulless ones as you fought for your life. Your body contorted as you tried to escape the pain. Suddenly, a loud and hard knock on the front door seemed to stop time.

Tyler.