t h i r t y - t w o.

You knew that you needed to find these girls, but how on earth would you accomplish such a daunting task? You didn't even know if they were alive. There had to be some way of getting information. Maybe if you asked Dark? It would be risky considering his anger, but you might be able to manipulate him out of his rage. You laid on his chest and contemplated these things, sighing as you found comfort in his arms.

"How has he had this effect on me? I should hate him. I should be plotting to kill him or escape. I should run far, far away. Yet, I can't be without him. I feel as if he completes me. He understands me. He cares for me," you thought to yourself as you remembered the past few days.

Dark moved slightly underneath you before he slowly opened his dark eyes and smiled at the sight of you.

"(Y/N), just the sight of you makes me smile," he said as he kissed your cheek, sending butterflies to your stomach.

"Dark, can I ask you something and you promise not to get angry about it?" You asked, giving him puppy dog eyes to plead your case.

"Well, Princess, I cannot promise that I will have a calm reaction, but I can try to be understanding. What is it?"

You took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to handle his rage. "Can you tell me about the other girls?"

Dark let out a long sigh, obviously bothered by the question, but handling his rage well. "What do you want to know about them? Are you jealous, darling?" He teased.

"Yes, I am, just a bit," you replied to play along and hopefully not anger him, but then realized that it wasn't a lie. "What were they like?"

"Weak," he immediately responded. "They were each weak in their own aspects."

You were taken aback by his abrupt answer. Weak? You figured that almost answered your question of if they were dead.

"But they were also nice," Dark added, most likely after reading your thoughts. "They each had their own likeable traits, but they were proven unsatisfactory."

"Unsatisfactory? I don't understand."

"They were not strong enough to be with me. They were weak. But you, darling, oh, you are quite strong."

You smiled at his words but felt sorry for the other girls who didn't make it. You felt lucky for being alive for this long and being able to resist him. You wanted to ask him if he killed the girls, but you knew that he would be extremely angry. But, you also felt a strong desire to know and hear him say it. So, you swallowed your fear and prepared yourself for whatever he may do.

"Dark, did you...did you kill those girls?" You asked softly.

A few awkward moments of silence passed as you dreaded what his response would be. He let out what sounded like a growl as he responded.

"It wasn't me that killed them; it was their own weakness. They spent their lives feeling entitled and being served. They didn't understand pain. They didn't know what it was like to feel loss or hurt. That's why they died," he seemed very heated as he answered, making you feel a little scared. "But, darling, you have nothing to fear. You have proven that you are very strong. You have felt great pain and loss. So have I. That's why we work well together."

You considered his words and somewhat agreed with him. You both had experienced great loss and pain along with it, making you able to relate to each other. You hadn't realized it before, but your experience and loss had made you stronger, not weaker. You had grown so tough and calloused to pain and heartache that you were now strong. Maybe that is why you could survive with Dark this long and manipulate him as well. Suddenly, an idea struck you, but it was not the right time to indulge in it. Dark was too heated, and he would not be willing to open up. You would have to wait for another time later when he was much calmer and satisfied. You let out a long yawn as you realized that you were feeling a bit sleepy.

"Oh, Princess, are you tired? You must be; you haven't slept in a while. Here, lie down here and rest. I have to tend to a few things anyways," he said as he placed you next to him in the bed and reluctantly got up, placing the covers over your body. He planted a kiss onto your forehead and said, "I will see you soon, darling. Sleep."

The bright glow of a summer sun beamed onto your skin, illuminating your features. A warm breeze made you smile to yourself as you felt very happy in this setting. It was normal, almost perfect. You walked down a sidewalk, taking in the beautiful scenery around you. Suddenly, your body rammed into another's, yanking your attention to the person in front of you,

"I am so, so sorry!" You said as you looked into their eyes. "I wasn't pay-" Your voice trailed off as you seemed to get lost in their eyes. Something about them seemed to draw you in. You almost couldn't pull yourself out of the weird trance. The girl before you snapped you out of your stare when she gently placed a hand on your shoulder. You took in her appearance as you were pulled back to reality. Her beautiful chocolate eyes were addictive. Her cute smile was sweet. Her brown hair seemed to radiate with the sun.

"Hey, it's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going either. Sorry about that," she said as she stared at you. A strange interest seemed to draw her into you. She stared into your eyes as her eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "Have I met you before? Something about you seems familiar. I don't remember seeing you around here, but I'm also kinda new here."

"I don't believe we've met. But there is a connection between us somehow," you replied as you looked at her confused and with an intrigued expression. Suddenly, after a few moments of contemplation, her expression turned to one of shock. "Oh no," she mumbled under her breath as she recognized whatever it was she saw in you.

"What? What is it?"

She looked at you with wide eyes of fear as her body began to shake.

"HIM."

//HA! I'm baaaack. What did you guys think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Let me know in a comment!//