I'm Sorry?

"Maxon, I really need to talk to you." I nagged. 

"America, I a busy man, I have other things to do," He said, urging me to go back to the Women's room. 

"That's not fair, I have something important to tell you!" I answered. 

"America.... Please, there are deadlines, things I need to finish. Another time perhaps?" He asked me. 

"Yea, Maybe this time you won't be with Kriss,"I muttered. 

"Hmm?" He said, but I wasn't sure if he heard. 

"Nothing" I scoffed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"America, the choosing ceremony is almost here, and I know you are the one. Please, do me the greatest honor and be my wife. Let me cherish you forever. Let me love you." 

"Maxon-" I interrupted  

"My dear, you are the only one, please." He said, his eyes pleading. 

"I was with Aspen. The day he got here. I was with him without you knowing. I couldn't NOT tell you." 

"You were with Aspen?! So everything that we had ever had, was that even real?? Were you just using me for money? Fame? A new caste? America, I never thought you were so shallow!" He accused. 

"I wasn't being shallow! I was protecting him and me, I was also protecting you when I told you!" 

"Ha! How so? I can't believe myself. Maybe my father was right. Maybe he thought of you like a small snake, who could just slither right into this palace. You know what? America, I thought about proposing to you. There are 2 other girls in the palace also fit for the job. Merry Christmas." He said to me harshly. 

I just realized. He just sent me home.