Wise Lies

"Your Majesty, are you sure that this is safe, for both you and your fiancee?" The advisor asked. 

"Kriss is not attending with me," I replied. But the two advisors looked at each other with confusion. 

"I don't mean to pry into your life, but shouldn't the future princess go as well? To avoid confusion." He commented. 

"I am visiting a dear friend that I have not seen properly and have not made my amends. Kriss has no amends to make, therefore she should not come." I finally said, fed up with everyone giving me advice that they don't know that is terrible for me. 

"Plus, Kriss has become unbearable for me. Far to perky and oblivious to everything. A few minutes ago, she wanted me to have everyone be a Two so that everyone could get money." I laughed. 

"Alright. Please be safe." The advisor warned as he gestured the chauffeur to start driving. 

It was in the moment I realized that I was going to see America. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a few guards with me, and they all said to me that this was a terrible idea, and I should just stick to Kriss. I knew that if I didn't make her think that she had a chance, there's no way that a man wouldn't take her from me. I know I sent her home, but I want her back now. 

"Your Majesty, we all believe that it is a good idea to call the Lady's family to alert her that we are coming." The guard said to me. 

"Very much so. May I?" I asked. 

They nodded their heads and handed me the phone. 

"Hello? Is this the Singer resident?" I asked. 

"Who is this?" I heard a young voice, but it seemed like they were crying. 

"It's Prince Maxon. Is America there?" 

I then heard a voice, very faint in the phone. 

"May, Honey, who is it?" Someone in a hushed voice said. 

"Mom, it's Maxon." The voice replied back. 

"Hang up." She said to who supposedly was May. But before I could process what was happening. She hung up. 

Weird. Quite weird.