Refusal. Denial.

May's POV.

Maxon is an absolute ass. He acts like he is a savior that is willing to do anything for this family. Wrong. He wants to get America back, and for what? She was shot in her hometown. People who knew her and were Southern Rebels shot her. Her heart stopped beating for a few moments. She was almost dead. 
Maxon seemed quite pleased with himself. Mom worried. She always did. Gerad for the first time was also worried. Her sister in tubes everywhere and connected to a machine controlling her breathing. Just a slight tug at the cord and My sister would be dead. I don't think Maxon cared enough about us. He wanted something that he could have but didn't choose to have. All because of his fucking stubbornness and his inability to listen. 

"May. I'm sorry." My mother replied. 
"No. You're not." I glared back at her. If I did this when nothing bad was happening, I would get a nice long lecture about this. But my mom knew what she had done was wrong. She gave the begging 5-year old everything that he wished for. 

We arrived at the palace airport, and what really tipped me was that Maxon got out of the plane and left. He didn't bother to help us out, or America for any chance. We just flew 3,000 miles across the country, so America's lover boy could be with her. Pathetic. 

Just a slight movement of her arm cause the machine to make irregular heartbeats. Now imagine moving her to the hospital within the palace. 

The nurses slowly managed to get America into the elevator and onto the hospital floor. In that room, all she would do is recover. 

Then I saw something that gave me mixed emotions. 

Scared

Jealousy

Anger

Nervousness

Hatred

Kriss. 

You would think that if you bring a former lover or current lover into your home, you would tell your fiancee that they're doing so. Not in this case. 

Which made Maxon the asshole. Jerkface, and the damned king.