Lonely

Chris sighed and he paced around the alley. He knew that Ted wouldn't lie just to avoid him, right? He bit his thumb nail as he came to a striking realization. Ted was able to make friends so easily! But, I'm just too picky! Chris kicked a nearby can around as his thoughts untangled. "If Ted makes new friends and realizes that I'm not someone he wants to hang around with anymore!!?"

The thought of it soon became a silly daydream as he reassured himself. "Nah, Ted will never abandon me." He said as he crushed the can. He made himself comfortable sitting in his trashcan, then struggled to get his phone out of his back pocket.

Once he had finally gotten ahold if it, he opened his texts and looked at the four measly contacts he had. With a sigh began to type something to Ted.

🐱; Hey, how many people do you text?

🍉: Why do you want to know?

🐱: I'll tell you how many people I have. Please?

🍉: Fine.

🍉: I only have fifteen. You?

🐱: er..four?

🍉: Pfff...lame

🐱: shut up...

🐱: Wait! Fifteen?? I need names now!!! There's no way your that popular!!!!!

🍉: Calm down with the punctuation. Most of them are just fast food joints and restaurants.

🐱: Good to know, good to know...

🐱: so, how's hangingnout with him going?

🍉: ...

Chris began fidgeting as he waited for a better answer, when the trashcans kid was lifted up, and a  pile of trash was dumped on him.

He threw himself out of of the trashcan and looked around for the person unwise enough to cover him in week old trash. He heard a chuckle and turned to see Ted with a pocket knife and a cut open trash bag.

"Nick told me something came up." He walked to Chris and dumped the remaining trash on him. Chris felt humiliated. Ted was truly the worst.

"Stop laughing!" He Shouted shouted at Ted. He stood up and stormed off. Any other person would have been put in a hospital, but he couldn't bring himself to go at Ted. "Hey man, it was just a joke!" Ted called out, catching up to Chris.

"Come ere' Chris," Ted sighed as he wrapped his arms around him from behind. Chris was shocked, Ted hated touching people who smell like trash. Which he did smell like most of the time.

"It only got on your sweater, just take it off, you still have your black undershirt underneath it right?" Chris shook his head. Another thing that's yet surprised Chris, was now Ted took off his jacket and handed it to him.

Chris squinted at him "What's the catch?" He asked as he eyes Ted and then his jacket up and down. Ted tilted his head "What do you mean?"

"The Ted I know is a jerk who would never offer his jacket to me." Chris stated bluntly. "Fine, this is what happens when I try to be nice!" Ted snapped. He put his jacket back on and walked out of the alley. "Bye." He grunted.

'Wait, I'm sorry!" Chris shouted as he jumped the gate and ran after Ted. He felt his stomach drop as he noticed people laughing and pointing at him. He froze, he hated attention.

Ted disappeared into the crowd, and Chris just curled up and tried to drown out the laughter and cruel words.