Hate can Cloud Judgement

Ted growled in rage as he continued walking down the street. He couldn't believe Chris, couldn't he just accept his kindness? It was rare he was nice to anyone. With a huff, he stormed into a coffee shop run by skeletons. He ordered a drink and tried to clear his head.

Chris had run back to the alley after he finally couldn't take the insults anymore. Someone had even poured their drink on him as they passed. He sighed as he took off his tea-stained and trash covered sweater. He felt safe now that he was tucked away in the alley. He sighed again, and in the back of his mind, he still hoped Ted would come back. He heard the gate rattle, but to his luck, it was only a stray cat.

He snatched the cat quickly and gave it a hug, hoping for some affection. Instead, his face was met with the cat's claws. The cat scampered off, hissing, leaving Chris to cry out as he held his hand over his right eye. He was lucky though, for the cat had only scratched just underneath his eye. Two claws had gone deeper though, so he bled a bit.

"Why does everyone hate me?!" He cried out. He stood up, shirt in hand, then bolted for home. Again he felt the stinging sensation of people snickering and laughing at him.

"Someone should help that homeless guy." Someone said.

"He must make his parents disappointed." Said another.

Chris did his best to drown them out, but there was always an occasional comment that made him feel even worse.

'Just gotta go home.' He thought to himself. He paused when familiar green hair was caught in the corner of his eye. He turned to see Ted talking to people, he seemed happy. Chris watched in envy as Ted and the strangers laughed.

'They must be having a good time.' Chris thought as he gave yet another sigh. Ted glanced up and noticed the fake blonde, but Chris sprinted off, tears escaping his eyes. He trembled in pain as the salty tears poured into his cuts.

He could hear Ted's voice in the distance, calling his name. But he was too angry to turn back. And wasn't planning too.

'If I go back, he'll just insult me. It's better if I just scrape him off entirely!' Chris ran faster, his anger fueling him. Though the anger still couldn't cover up the harshest feeling.

The feeling of betrayal.