After School [J. H.×Reader]

(Jeremy Heere x Reader)
Author's note:
OH yeah, it's time for some cliché plot. Yep, enjoy!!
________________________

It was 4 p.m., on Monday and the last period just ended. As happy as this might sound, you were not done with your school business.
You trotted to the last room that had it's lights still on, passing only few last students who were exchanging words quietly. They didn't bother to look at you. As you neared the lit room, you heard two voices. A male and a female voice. You immediately recognized the male voice as it belonged to your long-time crush. Your pace slowed down and you stopped just in front of the door. You leant on the wall, just close enough to be in earshot of their ongoing conversation.
"--Absolutely, I just think it's a good thing, you know?" said the female voice. You had an idea as who that might be.
You heard shuffling and then a jingling sound was made: "I- well, I suppose?" your crush said. You didn't dare to peep inside but you imagined him blushing for some reason.
"Alright, say it." Christine nudged him.
There was more shuffling when your crush moved slightly away to or from her. "I... Would like to... Be with you?" he stuttered. Your heart missed a beat and then it sunk - though you knew you were making a quick conclusion. You knew what happened after the play. You were there! Then how come...

You shook your bag off your shoulders, taking out some textbooks you'd borrowed. You took a deep breath and put on a face of a confident person. You laughed as you entered, receiving all the attention. It was in a blink of an eye, but you saw Jeremy trip over his own leg to gain some distance between himself and Christine.
"Yo, tall boy, I got your books!" you exclaimed, cringing at yourself. You waved said books above your head. Christine giggled at your behaviour and she gave a side glance at Jeremy who was scanning you for a moment.
"Uh- thanks, (Y/n)," he mumbled with a small smile that you immediately fell in love with. But you were nervous around him. And it made you act way more disorderly than you'd act normally.
When he reached for his books, you nearly let go of them before he even got a hold of them. You grimaced when he attempted to catch the books and then stood straight with them close to his chest, looking you in the eyes.
"That's so cute, you guys..." Christine chirped in from behind Jeremy. "Jeremy should definitely walk you home, (Y/n)," she suggested and you exchanged looks with Jeremy.
You were taken back by Christine's open suggestion. Wasn't he supposed to be confessing to her like five minutes ago? You furrowed your eyebrows a tiny bit in confusion. You glanced at Jeremy whose cheeks became pinkish-- was he uncomfortable with that idea? Your heart missed a beat again.
"I thought-- you'd walk with me?" Jeremy shrugged looking at Christine with pleading eyes.
Christine smiled and played with her hair: "Dad's gonna pick me up."
"O-oh. Okay," Jeremy nodded and turned his attention to you. Let's just say you blushed a cherry red because you were staring at him when he was looking at Christine. You avoided eye contact as best as you could.
"Guess... We... Could walk, right? You don't live that far from school, do you?" the lanky boy asked you.
You shook your head quickly.
"Then it's all settled! Begone, guys!" Christine shooed you away jokingly. She even made hand gestures.

As she forcefully-but-not-so-forcefully pushed you from the room, she closed door behind you two and returned to whatever work she wanted to finish.
You stared in surprise for a moment before you turned to Jeremy, (e/c) eyes wide open: "Did she just---"
"--push us out of the room and close the door on us?" he finished.
"Yes."
You looked at each other and then shrugged.
You became aware of your company - of Jeremy himself and alone. You fumbled with your earphones, desperately trying to plug them in your phone. Of course you dropped both the device and earphones.
Jeremy snorted a little, immediately kneeling down to pick the things up. You wanted to do the same, but he was already up. Jeremy smiled at you slightly and handed you your belongings.
You carefully took the things. Unconsciously, your hand brushes against his: "Thanks," you hummed. Even this smallest touch made you blink and you wished your face wasn't red. His was, you noticed. And he pulled his hand away quite quickly.

"I suppose we should get going, right?" Jeremy pointed with a finger indirectly.
You nodded.
"I, Umm... Live near school, too," he said after a while of walking.
You knew that. You saw him countless times when you walked home. So, naturally, you just nodded.
"Maybe we don't live that... Far apart?" he looked at you. He caught you staring again.
You didn't say anything as you just stared at him. He tilted his head a bit. "Is... Is something wrong?" insecurity crept in his voice.
"Oh gosh no," you exclaimed and smiled. "I just..." your voice was suddenly small. You felt his hand on yours, not just accidentally brushing against each other. He actually clasped his larger hand around your feminine one. You gulped and prayed to whatever you believed in that this wasn't a dream."This... Is nice..." you managed to say.
Jeremy gave a small nod, an adorable (you assumed it was adorable) smile found its way on his face. He squeezed your hand gently and you returned the gesture.

You two continued walking in now comfortable silence. Your fingers entwined with his. Just occasionally one of you said some silly game reference.
You wondered how you got in that situation. At first you saw him, Correction: heard him talk to Christine and most likely trying to get her to be his girlfriend again but now you were walking with him, hand in hand and shoulders brushing against the other.

You stopped in front of your house. Jeremy gave a quick glance at the building before looking at you.
"I'm glad you let me walk you home..." Jeremy whispered, as unbelievable as it sounds, he was still squeezing your hand.
"I was glad not to walk alone," you confessed, your eyes were locked with his. "It wasn't as lonely."
"Definitely. Right? We should... We should do this more often," Jeremy played with your hand a little before you pulled away.
You slowly hacked towards the house with a slight smile and 'finger-gunned' him: "Definitely, Heere."
Jeremy chuckled and shook his head.
"See you," he waved and was about to leave when you reached your porch, but when he saw you unlocking the door, he remembered something he had wanted to tell you.
"Wait!" his voice cracked and he ran towards you. You looked over your shoulder to see him reaching for your upper arm.
"Y-yes?" you blinked as you saw his face go red instantly.
"I just... I just wanted you to know... I, uh... Well... I like you! OkayByeSeeYouNeverNiceTalk!" he stuttered.
Before you could react (before you even became aware of what he just said), Jeremy was marching away as fast as his long legs allowed him. You could just feel yourself getting all hot and red, left alone on your own house's porch.