Detention [R. G.× Reader]

My best friend gave me this idea! She's a sweetheart.

Warnings:
×SWEARING

_____

The word 'mad' wasn't enough to describe how you were feeling. You tapped your finger on the desk in a pretty much empty classroom. OH YES. Except for that asshole whose fault it was that you were there in the first place! You glanced at your best friend, giving him an angry stare. Rich looked at you with an innocent grin, shrugging a bit.

"You do know why you're here, right?" the principal asked you, shooting the both of you a glare. Of course you knew.
You inhaled sharply and slammed your fists on the desk while standing up: "But I wasn't cheating! It's RICH! That A-hole did it! I am innocent!" you barked, pointing at Rich who was snickering.

"I don't care who copied it! Neither should've left the other to copy it," the principal stood his ground, as calm as ever.
"That's unfair!" you kept arguing, but it was probably helpless. You were helpless.

"Detention, both of you," was the result which made you go wide-eyed. You looked at the man in front of you in disbelief.

"BUT-"

"No buts! That ain't gonna help! Look at Goranski. Even he took his punishment somehow quietly."

Rich faked a smile. Fricking bastard, you thought. Already planning on how to kill said boy.
"Two hours ought to do it," the principal looked at his watch before giving you last look. He left the class, closing the door.

The two of you were quiet for a few minutes, but you were the first one to break the silence by giving Rich a dirty look.

"I fucking hate you," you mumbled. Rich didn't seem to mind as he smiled smugly, shrugging.
"Fuckin' would be fine," Rich grinned. He got a groan from you. He turned to look at you but you rested your head on the desk, closing your eyes. He gave you a minute or two of total silence, playing with his phone.

"Wanna play a game?" he asked suddenly, disturbing you from your thoughts.

"A game?" you asked, unbelieving.

"Yeah, Truth or Dare, but with a little twist,"

"... What 'twist'?"

You watched Rich reach into the back of his jeans and pull something out of his pockets. You stared in disbelief at a pack of cards. The thing was, there was no way he'd fit this amount of cards in his pockets.

"How the fuck... did you-?"

"Wanna play or not?" he raised his eyebrows, as in already challenging you. You bit your bottom lip, thinking it all over.

"... Yes," was your final decision. Rich beamed, moving to sit closer to you, placing the cards on your desk. You looked at the cards but didn't dare to actually touch one.

"So, what's your deal, Goranski? What's this 'Game of Truth or Dare'?" you tapped the desk, gaining Rich's attention.
"The deal, my dear (Y/n), is that You take a card and look at the tasks - truth or dare. The thing is, I am gonna decide whether it's gonna be truth or dare," he said it so confidently, it literally threw you off guard.
"I'm in."

That's the moment you screw up.

You knew you were cursed with bad luck, but this was just awkward. Every card you got was worse and worse - on the contrary from Rich whose cards were easy ones. Or you just Rich somehow knew what to pick to make you feel miserable.

About tenth round in, with Rich's face red from laughing and yours from embarrassment, Rich pulled out his next card. He looked at his options, waiting for you to choose. He glanced at you, his eyes showing his impatience.

"... Dare..." you said. You learnt that the truth wasn't always the best choice as the things often came out to be some disgusting facts that you didn't need to know.

Rich's eyes, suddenly wide, glanced at the paper: "Confess your love to your crush," he mumbled.
"Oh, pity. You can't do that, I bet you don't have a crush or anyone - and if you do, they probably went home already... By the way, I am talking about Jake, he left super early today," you assumed with a smirk. "Seems like you have to give a penalty."

Rich blinked as he heard you say that, he gulped audibly.
"What?" you asked, taking the card from him and reading his Dare. It really was what he said.

"Yeah, well... not really," he stuttered.

"What the hell are you talking about, Rich?" you squinted, resting your elbows on the desk and leaning close towards him, your faces inches away. "Are you refusing to give the penalty?"

Rich, taken back by you being closer, shook his head: "It's not like that, babe," he laughed awkwardly. "It's just... the person... they haven't left the school just yet," he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh? Then ... we gotta go find them and tell them!" you grinned.

You were about to pull away and stand up. Important words: Were about. You never actually got up because you felt Rich's lips on yours. It was a hard kiss. Your noses collided a little. You almost started melting into the kiss but Rich pulled away.

He stood up quickly and grabbed his backpack before storming out of the class room, leaving you alone with cards scattered on the desk and ground.

You blinked a few times, taking in what just happened. He kissed you. He just kissed you! Rich Goranski, the boy you had a crush on for years now! That bastard had no idea what he just did to you! You touched your lips tenderly, warmth spreading across your face. Unbelieveable. You realized you were smiling.

You stood up quickly, grabbed your bag - and the cards that you somehow managed to stuff in the bag. You ran after Rich, hoping to catch up with him. In front of school you saw him getting in his car.

"HEY! ASSHOLE!" you yelled, hopefully enough to make him turn to look at you. His face flushed bright red as you continued: "You PRICK! There should be a proper date before first kiss!"

Even from the fistance you could see him grin. He moved his hands to his lips as he shouted back to you: "Yeah??? I'll pick you up then! Sunday, 9pm sharp! Be ready!" he waved one more time before starting the engine, driving off.

You looked after Rich's car, smiling shyly. You turned on your heels, walking in the direction of your house. Cursing under your breath the whole time, trying to think of something to wear on Sunday. You totally forgot about the last ten minutes of your detention and the consequences of that when the principal finds out - but who'd care about that when you just got yourself a date of your dreams, right?