Chapter!One

"I can't believe you actually did that!"

Josh cringed at Debby's words as they walked to class. She was pulling her hair and just groaning all the time in annoyance. He didn't quite understand "Did what?"

Debby stopped walking, crossing her arms on her chest and looking at Josh with her head titled, a look of pure disappointment on her face "He's gay, Josh. That's an actual thing. It is. It's not ill"

"No, Debby-"

"Yes, Debby!" she retorted, cutting him off.

Josh sighed, shaking his head "I'm not saying it's ill. It's just wrong and disgusting. He's just being a silly teenager. I'll help him"

"He doesn't need your help!" Debby continued "His sexuality is none of your business"

Josh started to walk again "He said I can help if I want to"

Debby jumped to catch up "He only said that because he's a good person! Y'know, I still can't believe he was so nice even though you were a complete jerk"

Josh gasped in shock "I was not a jerk!"

"Yes, you were"

Josh rolled his eyes, walking off toward their next class faster. Debby stomped behind him lazily. She was angry with him, because she really thought Tyler was a nice person and could be a great friend, but there Josh was, ruining everything; per usual.

...

Once school finished, Josh walked outside alone. Debby told him she wants to go home alone that day, thus she left off without him. Josh was walking slowly, checking out some news on his phone. He took the three steps down to reach the pavement.

"Hi"

Josh looked up from his phone quickly, surprised by the short word. There was only one person besides Debby that he hung out with - but this didn't sound like Patrick at all.

And it wasn't. It was Tyler Joseph.

"Oh, hi" Josh smiled, pocketing his phone.

"I- I couldn't stop thinking about what you said when we met earlier" Tyler rubbed the back of his neck nervously; he seemed uncomfortable "We're you serious? With all the homophobic talk?"

"Well, I'd rather call it realistic talking" Josh shrugged with a small laugh "But you can call it homophobic, yeah. Of course I was serious. Why?"

Tyler sighed. He let out an airy laugh, with disappointment waving through the sound "Nah, I just thought you were joking. It's kinda offensive what you were saying"

"How?" Josh wondered with a frown.

Tyler laughed louder "Really, man? You called me disgusting. I take that as an insult"

Josh rose his index finger "Actually, I only said your idea of homosexuality is disgusting, not you as a person"

Tyler shook his head, shrugging "You insulted me"

Josh ran a hand through his hair, scanning all the students that were walking home with his eyes "I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not"

"Wow" Tyler let out.

"Are you walking home?" Josh questioned, wanting to go home so he can start with his homework.

"Yeah" Tyler nodded "I was actually going to ask you if you want to come to my house. Y'know to do homework and stuff"

"You have your own house?"

Tyler rolled his eyes with a laugh "My parents' house, oops"

"Okay, um" Josh's brows furrowed. He never went to anyone's house straight after school, unless the date was set three days ago. But he could start helping Tyler with his problem now! The sooner Tyler's fixed the better "I'll just call my Mom, okay?"

"No worries" Tyler winked, stepping back to give Josh some privacy for the call.

Josh nodded, taking his phone out of his pocket and dialing his mother. She picked up quickly "Hello?"

"Hi, Mom" Josh started, glancing at Tyler who winked "Can I go to a friend's house now?"

"A friend's house?"

"Yeah"

"Patrick's?"

"No"

"Debby?"

"No"

"Whose then? You don't have any more friends" Mrs Dun spoke in a confused tone.

"I've made a new friend today" Josh informed "His name's Tyler"

"Oh, a boy! Wonderful!" Mrs Dun commented. She disliked Josh hanging out with girls, because she didn't want to have the boy falling in love before he's in his twenties. Debby was only acceptable because her father was a close friend of Mrs Dun "Of course you can, just call me when you go home"

"Okay. Thanks. Bye" Josh hung up. He pocketed his phone and Tyler took one step forward to approach Josh.

Tyler rose his eyebrows "So?"

"Yeah, let's go" Josh smiled, looking around himself and seeing the two were left alone in front of the school; everyone else already went home.

"Awesome!" Tyler grinned widely, clapping. He spun on his heel and pointed in a direction Josh believed his home was. Tyler started to walk and Josh fast followed. They walked beside each other.

They were pretty quiet, having only just met each other, it was awkward. Surely, they both had a billion questions they wanted to ask the other, but it was odd. Josh felt kind of uncomfortable next to a homosexual and Tyler felt kind of uncomfortable next to a homophobe.

But Tyler was just so curious. He really wondered what the hell will Josh do. This was just a little experiment in which Tyler can explore the grey mind of a homophobe.

Tyler's weird, he knows. But he's a person with a smile on his face and that was the most important thing.

The reached the Joseph residence and Tyler led his new friend inside.