Chapter!Seven

It was just the two of them, standing together in the darkish hallway. With one boy's mouth slightly agape and the other's grin wide on his face. They could hear each other's breathing as silence wrapped all space around them. One gulped, looking away and listening to the other's beautiful chuckles.

Josh, the first boy, coughed into his fist "I gotta be somewhere"

He speed-walked past the not-longer-mysterious boy, just heading toward the boys' bathroom, figuring he could stay there until the bell rings. He'll apologize for being late for class, it's no big deal.

But school was fast over anyways; Josh basically ran home, not making any eye contact with anyone. Maybe, he could hear Debby and Pete calling after him, but he was not going to turn around.

...

"Tyler?" Josh sat desperately on his bed, homework undone, so many papers on the ground "It's Tyler?"

Josh just scoffed, not believing anything anymore. He was actually liking Tyler. It was Tyler. And he was even prettier with his face in the picture.

The many papers on the ground weren't just random papers. Nope, they were drawings. So many drawings of Tyler. Josh didn't even know why. He just found drawing very calming thus that was what he did.

Liking someone was very frustrating, especially when you're highly against such a relationship.

Josh was almost starting to be accepting of homosexuality.

But no, that's not gonna happen. That's just stupid. He probably doesn't even like like Tyler. Maybe it's just an essential reaction. Which doesn't really make sense, but Josh was going with it because he couldn't admit it to himself.

Maybe! Maybe, Josh could keep his mind distracted somehow! Yeah, Tyler's been in his head, in random scenarios, all day today. That's just not right. A boy shouldn't spend that much time thinking about another boy.

Josh got up from his bed, walking softly over to his desk and taking his laptop, fast returning to his bed and this time actually putting the covers over his body because it was starting to get chilly.

He turned the device on, quickly opening Google. He popped his knuckles, clearing his throat and thinking about what he could search for. Anything to distract him from Tyler's pretty face and glorious laugh.

He typed 'kittens' into the search bar. He couldn't stop himself from smiling at the adorable creatures.

But then, he was imaging Tyler holding the kittens, Tyler playing with them, Tyler petting them, Tyler and him-

Okay, okay, search for something else. Kittens were obviously not helping.

He then decided to just search for something plain stupid and that's how he ended up typing in 'aliens'.

But that wasn't helping either. Not only did everything make him roll his eyes at how fake it all was, but he could also remember Tyler saying he believes in aliens and thus his mind was just returned to thinking about Tyler.

Shaking his head and rubbing his eyes with his full fists, Josh groaned oh so quietly. He started typing in something he never thought he'd be typing into Google. Pictures of beautiful women in their underwear appeared on the screen.

He felt kind of wrong looking at these pictures. He was still just a teenager and that just opposed anything he'd ever known. Besides, he found nothing attractive on these women. Sure, they were... erm, pretty. But not attractive.

But not Tyler.

Oh God, why is Tyler still on his mind? He's really trying so hard. This was just a tiny phase, he just wanted to push it away, get out of it and repress it as soon as possible.

But he can't. He just can't. And when that came to realization, actual tears started forming in Josh's eyes. But Josh was not going to cry. No way. Guys don't cry. Maybe gays do, but normal guys don't. He blinked away the salty water in his eyes, sighing shakily.

He eventually gave up. If he's gonna think about Tyler, he'll think about Tyler. He's gonna stop fighting himself. He'll just place some boundaries for himself.

That's how Josh ended up searching Tyler's name on Facebook. Tyler's profile was just filled with pictures of him playing basketball in his old school and stuff like those; just basketball things.

But, Josh also found a link to Tyler's Instagram. And that was something. Tyler was so beautiful. I every aspect. His captions were wordy, pretty and made Josh think quite a few times. He couldn't find them anywhere on Google, thus he concluded they were Tyler's original poems or whatever they were.

He ended up just going through the eternity of Tyler's Instagram, reaching the oldest pictures. Everyone's Instagram is cringey in the beginning and Tyler's was adorably cringey. Josh giggled at the weird pictures Tyler took of himself, shaking his head a little.

Josh had a Facebook already, but he'll make sure to make himself an Instagram profile too.

It was getting very late and Josh never stays up this late. He just put away his laptop, lying down on his pillow and reaching down to the floor to pick up one of his papers. He examined the lines he made that made out Tyler's thin and tall frame, his smirkish smile and his happy eyes.

He fell asleep, dreaming of things he didn't want to dream of.