Chapter 4

(Welcome back! I hope you fellow readers will enjoy this chapter!)

Normal pov

Gaara listened to Temari as she read her book out loud, smirking when she would blush from time to time. He could see that she's not used to read her novels out loud, so he stood up and was about to head to the kitchen, but was stopped by Kankuro. He slammed the door shut behind him and stomped his way to the kitchen.

"... I see you came back from training brother."

"I was going to train some more, but some random kid came out of nowhere and threw rocks at me for a stupid dare he had to do. I chased them through the whole village that had gotten me hungry and tired."

Temari smirked at him, thinking that he deserved it for being hated and target at, and Gaara was thinking the same thing, only that he shook his head in amusement.

" Well at least that had helped you to build up your stamnia, people will never know when you'll get into trouble. You should go thank those kids."

"Yeah, whatever, if both of you will excuse me, I'm gonna go eat and take a long nap."

Both Temari and Gaara smirked at their brother, amused how Kankuro walked, he looked like a zombie right now. It would make a lot more sense if his eyes were a red and grey colour, had blood stains all over him, his clothes to be torn, and having an unpleasant smell. Temari shudder at the thought while Gaara made a face that clearly showed that he is disgusted, and they quickly shook their head to get the image of a zombie Kankuro out of their heads.

"So how long do you think you'll stay like that?"

"I don't know, at leats a day or two."

"Good... ugh! I can't get the zombie Kankuro image out of my head!"

After hearing his name, Kankuro game back to the living room with a angry, yet confuse look on his face, making Temari quickly clamp her mouth shut with her hands in horror. Gaara bit his lips, trying his best not snicker at Temari's sudden burst and Kankuro's appearance, but a few chuckles accidentally flew out of his mouth.

"What about me?"

"N-nothing really serious, we just feel sorry for you for having a bad day."

"Oh really? Then why does it look like you're about to burst out laughing?"

"I-it doesn't matter, go eat your food Aniki before it goes bad."

Before Kankuro could say a word, their father came out of nowhere and spoke that made the siblings, except Gaara, jump in surprise. They looked at their father and saw he had a serious look on his face.

"Gaara, it would seem that you were right, Orochimaru had visited me and made a deal with me to destroy Konoha, and lied about the village-... Why are you both holding your mouths?"

...

Rasa snickered at his children, understanding why Gaara want to laugh, why Temari looked horrified and why Kankuro was throwing a fuss. Even though Gaara was in his tail beast mode, the image of his children was a perfect family, all what was missing was their mother, his wife. He quickly shook his head, clearing his throat to get their attention.

"So Gaara, what do you think we should do? We can't back down from is offer, and we can't contact Konoha. They'll be very suspensios, and if they found out that you're from the future, you'll be a target."

"True, but I won't let the past repeat itself, I won't let Orochimaru kill you father, he's going to have to go through me first if he wants you dead. And I won't allow him to place a curse mark on Sasuke, doing that was part of caose."

"So, when the chuunin exam begins, we need to protect your... friend's... team, making sure Orochimaru doesn't hurt them?"

Gaara though for awhile, thinking the whole thing through, what he heard, Sakura had "bloomed" when both her comrades and Lee was in danger, Naruto had been able to control his chakra, a little, and Sasuke was able to drop his pride and save them. His family waited patiently for him to speak, seeing that he was thinking too hard to form a plan.

"Ugh, all this thinking is making my head hurt, I'm going to lay down for awhile. We can talk this out later."

As Gaara stands, his family watched as he walked to the stairs and climbed them to get to his room. They turned back and face eachother, giving a look of confusion.

"... Was he thinking too hard?"

WHACK

"OWWW!! TEMARI!! WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!!"

"You idiot, of course he was thinking too hard! We need to help him to create a plan! Not letting him do all the work!"

"... Sometimes I wonder if you two will ever get along."

(I hope you guys liked it! Even though it was really short.)