Chapter 9

(Dear readers, this will be a very long chapter, so I apologize for it. Please enjoy this chapter.)

The day before the chuunin exam begins.

Normal pov

Gaara sat on the bridge where Team 7 usually held their meeting without the genins even knowing it, the only one that knows they are being watched is Kakashi. Now the young Kazekage doesn't really know him, he have met him a few times, about trice in 6 months, that's it. Naruto had told him that this jonin is a pervert, lazy and never on time, but he's a strong and protective sensei, making sure he gives equal attension to both Naruto and Sakura. Back at the future they had a new teammates that looked like the Uchiha and had paint arts as weapons, Gaara believed that his name is Sai. Between him and the Uchiha, in Gaara's opinion, Sai would make a better teammate, because one, he tries to bond with them while the Uchiha push them away, and two, at leats Sai tries his best to smile, even if it's fake, while Sasuke would only smirk, glare or scold at his teammates.

' This will be the biggest pain ever, that Uchiha is really a drag.'

' Careful, you are sounding a lot like the Nara.'

' But you agree with me, can we just kill that bastered so that the paint ninja can join their team early?'

' As tempting as it sounds, but I can't, it will destroy Team 7, and I don't want that. At least we can prevent him from joining Orochimaru, but if it fails, we have no choice but to make sure that the Uchiha never walks again. He'll be useless like that, and Orochimaru will concentrate on trying to find a stronger vessel, like Itachi.'

' Either way, it will still be a pain if it happens.'

Gaara​ sighed, agreeing that it will be a pain to fight Orochimaru and protect Team 7 at the same time. Just as he was about to stand up and leave the bridge, someone grabbed him the arm and tugged him. When he looked to see who it was, his eyes narrowed when he saw it was Sasuke Uchiha that dared grabbed him.

"What do you think you're doing here Gaara?"

"I was just enjoying the peaceful moment of Konoha, Uchiha, now would you please let go of me?"

"... What is your problem with me? I didn't do anything to you."

' This guy is really pissing me off! How dare he!'

"... Are you jealous? A cold hearted bastard who only shunt his teammates and thinks the sun shines out of his ass because he knows so better then the rest of his of Team 7, saying that they are weak and useless, also thinks that he's more special than anyone else? Oh, I wonder why I have a problem with you."

After the sarcasm speech, Gaara glared at a dumbstruck Uchiha, and he couldn't help it but smirk, and he was suddenly aware that the whole Team 7 was with them and stared at them in shock. After Sasuke was recovered he was about to talk back, but Gaara interrupted him.

"I know what it's like to be alone, but you have no idea what my life was Uchiha, you may have lost your whole clan, but try live in a life where a whole village and your own father hates you, despise you, wants you dead and close to be assassin just because what you are. Believe me, I was filled with hatred and rage."

Naruto's eyes winded at Gaara, but then sadden at the memory of his pass, knowing exactly what he means, and Kakashi looked sadly at both him and Gaara. Seeing that that had made Sasuke to shut up, Gaara continued.