Chapter Twenty

[20]

[20]

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

After the incident involving Moody and the seizure, things actually started to run a bit smoother for Milo without a hiccup. Professor Moody didn't dare to pull such a stunt within his class again, not to mention, even Professor Snape was leaving Milo alone instead of his usual wish of drawing negative attention to the boy during class. Apparently, the rumours had spread like wildfire as two first years that witnessed Professor McGonagall unleash her wrath, not only on Moody but Professor Dumbledore as well. Even the woman noticed a massive difference in her class, as students didn't show up late like some normally did and they were focused in class. Probably fearful that if she caught them slacking off that she would show them that the rumours were indeed true.

But with the stress of his classes taking a back seat, Milo was able to focus on raising the mooncalf in the dorm and spending time with those he enjoyed the company of. He decided not to name the mooncalf because he figured that would be a privilege for his Uncle Remus since the mooncalf would eventually belong to him. Not to mention if Milo named the creature, he was going to get attached and it would be near impossible to let the creature go to someone else.  However, he was happy to see that every day the little mooncalf was growing a little stronger.

What also added to Milo's lack of stress was the fact that the gods hadn't been interfering into his daily life as of recent. Since his vision with Athena, he had not been approached, nor had he heard anything from Artemis after the Hermes incident. He wasn't sure to make of that, hoping that the gods weren't upset with him or had deemed him weak due to his reaction to the visions, but at the same time, he was slightly relieved. Obviously, no one around him enjoyed seeingMilo fall into a seizure but he wasn't exactly thrilled about the experience either. It seemed like things were going back to how they normally were during a term, but Milo forgot one itsy-bitsy little thing.

The Triwizard Tournament.

There was a notice in the Hufflepuff Common Room one morning as they were reaching the end of October. The delegations from both Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving the evening of October 30th around six. Their day of lessons would be cut in half which would allow them time to drop their belongings off and such before having to report to the Entrance Hall to welcome their guests. 

So when classes cut for the day, Milo made his way to the Common Room to find Ernie Macmillan talking to Cedric. 

"Come on, Cedric, everyone in Hufflepuff...in the entire castle is hoping that you'll be our Hogwarts champion."

"Everyone but me," Milo said sharply as he entered the room further, pulling his bag down from his shoulder. Ernie jumped at the sharpness of the voice as if it sliced through his torso, glancing over in Milo's direction. The look that came in his direction, caused Ernie to instantly think of McGonagall which led him to picking himself up from where he had been sitting next to Cedric on one of the sofas.