Chapter Forty-Nine

[49]

[49]

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo wasn't able to get to a hold of Elspeth right away, seeing as everything seemed to become a barrier for him doing so. Once he finally convinced Madam Pomfrey and his mother to release him from the Hospital Wing, he had to go back to the Hufflepuff dorms only to be met with a worried Cedric. Not that he was complaining, liking the fact that his boyfriend had concerns over his well-being, but he really just wanted to talk to Elspeth, however, as he lifted the mirror, he was only met with darkness on the other side, meaning no one would be picking it up that evening. With a groan, he flopped back onto his bed and covered his eyes, Cedric warning him to keep it down as Milo's dormmates were asleep.

Grabbing Milo by the hand, he led Milo out of the dorms and to the Common Room where it was quiet. The only people remaining were prefects returning from rounds and heading off to bed, leaving the two alone. Once it was completely quiet, Cedric had Milo sit in front of the fireplace so they could discuss just what the hell was going on. The prefect didn't even know what to think about a member of the Ministry hitting Milo with a stunning spell. It didn't make sense that he would do such a thing, especially when Milo didn't pose a risk. 

"He wasn't in his right mind, Cedric, I'll tell you that, he was completely out of it," Milo scratched at the side of his head as he spoke, " he was muttering half the time and some of it didn't even make sense. He was talking about his son and daughter, but his son is dead. Sirius confirmed that. And his daughter...well, I don't know what happened to her."

"But Milo, he attacked you-"

"I don't think he did."

That was news for Cedric as it suddenly grew quiet again rapidly. He was waiting for Milo to continue but instead, the boy had his attention drawn to the flames as he was speechless for a few moments.

"Come on, Handsome, you can't leave me hanging on like that, not after saying something like that! If Crouch didn't attack you out there, then who did?"

"You're not going to believe me if I told you, Ced."

"Try me."

Milo took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. It was a lot for him to confide because he wasn't a hundred percent sure himself, but he knew something was up. He knew he had to be right about something, even if no one wanted to listen to him. Glancing over in Cedric's direction, he could clearly see that the boy was waiting patiently, he looked ready to take on whatever Milo was going to dish out and for a few seconds, that brought a small smile to his face.

"Well, don't say I didn't warn you," he began before looking away, " but I honestly think it was Professor Moody."

Judging by the lack of response, Milo could definitely tell that Cedric was in a state of belief, probably had his mind somewhat blow for Milo to even come up with such a response as a theory. He looked as though he was waiting for Milo to start laughing at any given second, however, Milo gave no such response as he continued sitting there with a calm expression.