Chapter 29

Bobby

"My Lord! These women are naked!" It was entertaining when Fitz found out something about the twenty-first century he considered offensive. His dark brows would go up, his lips would turn into a thin line, his shoulders would become tense. And the funniest thing about it was: the most ordinary things for me would do all that to him.

"They're called bikinis, Fitz. And, in my opinion, they're one of the best inventions of the century." I believed that statement even more fiercely when I glimpsed Anna in a tiny, red bikini. Oh, she was gorgeous. Right now, my shorts weren't concealing how much I venerated her body. Damn!

"What is a... Beekiny?" Fitz put his hand over his open mouth when Nat took off her beach dress, revealing a little less than Anna, but enough for Fitz's eyeballs to try leaving his skull behind. I guess he was enjoying our century's ways, after all.

"It's a type of bathing suit, Fitz", I used a term he'd hopefully understand. In times like these, I could comprehend my mother's advice that studying History would be useful someday. Unfortunately (for both Fitz and me), I never believed her...

"Robert", we were past the Mr. Brown pathetic phase, yet I still hadn't convinced him to call me Bobby. "I am not very familiar with female fashion. Nevertheless, I can assure you these", he was referring to the bikinis, "do not qualify as 'suits'. I trust one could not even call them undergarments."

"Fitz...", I sighed dramatically, knowing he'd take me seriously. "You've gotta improve your vocabulary, dude. No more using 'undergarment' or stuff like that, deal?"

"Deal", he answered, vexed. I started walking towards my hotter, sexier version of Beyoncé, when he grabbed me by the arm. "What am I supposed to do, Robert?"

I glanced back at him when I heard the insecurity in his voice, something totally uncommon. The poor time-traveler was looking like a kid who'd just found out Santa wasn't real.

I felt bad for the guy; it must be awkward to be clueless about basic social rules. I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "Just relax, Fitz. And take off your shoes and T-shirt, otherwise you're gonna melt in this heat." I advised him, doubting his ability to relax, particularly shirtless.

Thanks for reading!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! ;-)

Instagram: laisrodriguesauthor