Chapter 71

Nat

Doug. Flocking. Brooks. In France. At the Star Wars party. Dressed as a Stormtrooper. "What the fuck are you doing here?!" I know, I know. I broke my no-cussing rule. Yet again. Because of Doug. Yet again. But everyone could agree that moment deserved an F-word! Yet again. Then I comprehended something, "Were you the one following us?"

"We need to talk, baby." His voice was muffled by the white helmet, but, unfortunately, I could still hear the jerk loud and clear.

"Don't you dare call me baby, Doug. And we have nothing to talk about."

I took a step away, but Doug stopped me from taking additional steps by grabbing my arm and pulling me toward him. "All I ask is for a chance, Nat", his grip tightened. "After all, I came all this way just so you could hear me out."

"Get your cheating hands off me!" I tried to pull away, but he was far stronger. I couldn't believe he was hurting my arm. He had taught me and hundreds of other women how to protect ourselves from guys that pulled the kind of sheet he was pulling now! What a jackash!

"You heard the lady." A thunderous voice said by my side, his huge hand covering Doug's right arm, forcing him to let go of me.

"Stay out of it, asshole," Doug, always the charmer. "This is between my girl and me."

"And I", Darcy corrected, making half the party laugh. "Besides, the lady is most definitely not yours." Thank you very much, Mr. Darcy, but I can speak up for myself.

"Oh, really? Who does she belong to, then? You?"

"Miss Nathalie belongs to no one but herself." Awww... That was adorable. Still, completely unnecessary. Again, I could defend myself. At the same time, it was nice to know I could count on Darcy for that. Not that I needed him, of course. "I, however, do belong to her, heart and soul, and will duel you if you insist on forcing your most unwelcome presence upon us."

Now every female at the party Awwwed in unison. Wow, his speech just made my insides melt and that special spot between my thighs wake up and yell "Get in here, Mister!" to Darcy.

"Are you threatening me?" Doug and Darcy were barely an inch apart now, both refusing to back off. No matter their age, the century they were from, or their upbringing, men would always behave like machos when women were involved.

In that particular case, that woman was me. Cough, cough, cough. I was feeling hotter than Megan Hottie Fox.

"Mr. Vader", Darcy said to our host, "Would you do me the favor of lending this gentleman", he said that last word through his teeth, "your sword?"

"Sure, Darcy! Oh, I meant Luke!", Michael offered Doug (who was still in his Stormtrooper costume) his red lightsaber.

"Shall we?" Darcy wasn't even speaking anymore, he was actually growling at Doug. Wow, this Brit was so sexy. I wish we were alone in the Parisian apartment's bathtub, me in my sexy kitten Princess Leia bikini, him in... Well, nothing.

They started fencing with the lightsabers, Doug with rude, imprecise movements, Darcy moving with meticulousness and elegance. The entire party became quiet, except for a few claps when Darcy managed to hit Doug with the plastic saber, or when the women wowed him. Yes, he was a wow man.

Eyes off my man, ladies!

I'd just become a possessive bitch. Maybe it was the tight outfit I was wearing, which was beginning to itch. Maybe, it was Darcy's tight pants, which showed the perfect curvature of his perfect butt. Holy crab! Darcy stroke Doug's helmet with his saber, throwing my ex on his back on the grass. Just what he deserved.

"That's enough, dude! You've lost it, accept it!" Michael held Doug's shoulder as he stood up and charged against Darcy again. Since he'd been stopped, Doug took off his helmet, and there was a murderous look in his eyes. Luckily, Michael was larger, heavier and stronger than Doug, and obviously didn't feel threatened by my pathetic ex. "You should get out now. As Darcy previously stated, you're not welcome here."

"I'm not leaving without her", Doug pointed a finger at me.

"She made it clear she wants nothing to do with you, dude", Michael calmly replied before Darcy could attack Doug again with his toy saber. To protect me. So macho man, yet so cute!

"I've already called the French police, dear!" Sarah, Michael's wife, the one dressed in well-behaved Princess Leia (with the classic hairstyle and white dress), informed her husband.

Looking like he was about to spit fire, Doug left the party, taking off his costume in the process.

Darcy didn't look like Buddha or anything, but at least his expression had softened a bit when he asked, "Are you okay, Nathalie?"

"I'm about to be", I told him, grabbing the back of his neck to pull him into a deep, hot and wet kiss.

Again, there was an OWN unison, and Michael mentioned "That's disgusting, Leia! You're kissing your brother!"

I showed him my middle finger, my mouth still connected to Darcy's.

My Darcy.

Thanks for reading!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! ;-)

Instagram: laisrodriguesauthor