The PaceMaker (Category: Urban Legend)

The PaceMaker is a (nearly) 6 foot tall being with a bandaged face. Its body is entirely covered in tattered clothing. His chest is covered by a torn brown cloth, and his legs are covered by torn brown shorts. It has abnormally long arms and legs, and a short chest and spine which causes it to hunch over on itself.

The PaceMaker can be conjured up at any moment in time by chanting an Incantation over a burning candle near a mirror, although it has no known translation to human kind. (I have left it out so no one can try it. Otherwise try CreepyPasta wiki). After chanting the incantation near the mirror, a short period of time can (and is recommended to) be taken to either dispel the PaceMaker by breaking the mirror before he can appear, or hide from the being. When two minutes have passed (or sooner if the candle is blown out), the PaceMaker will appear in the mirror, hunched over and his head tilted to the left.

When he appears, the mirror will crack only slightly, and vanish from it.

The PaceMaker will stalk his prey through mirrors. Whenever the prey goes near a mirror, the PaceMaker will appear instead of the reflection, and the victim will hear a continual 'dog-whistle' noise (a high pitched screech). After a few moments, he will emerge from the mirror and land on the floor in front of it. He will stalk his prey through mirrors. Whenever the prey goes near a mirror, the PaceMaker will appear instead of the reflection, and the victim will hear a continual 'dog-whistle' noise (a high pitched screech). After a few moments, he will emerge from the mirror and land on the floor in front of it.It will arise and hunch over, and proceed to chase down his victim by grunting and walking at a fast pace. The only way to escape the PaceMaker is to simply lose him in a chase, though he will simply appear again from another mirror.