[01]

"Paul is just a big hot head who is in love with your sister, you have to let it go Arden."

I groaned at my friend's words while picking at my plate of fries. I hated the fact that she was right, but unfortunately, my butt can't let him go. He's dating my sister, which means he's over at the house a lot, which means that I can stare at that gorgeous piece of man all I want. 

"Besides, didn't you say that he was starting to act weird towards your sister?" Bella Swan questioned to me as I tossed the rest of my fries considering my break was over. Yet again another break devoted to telling Bella about my pathetic love life. 

"Yeah, he keeps blowing her off and hanging out with Sam Uley. Which is weird because as far as I knew the two of them hated each other," I commented remembering my eighth-grade year in which there was a big fight between the two of them. "Wasn't that how Jacob was?" I asked her knowing that the two of them were in a fight. 

Jacob was being a big baby and should just realize that Bella is a big girl and can handle herself when choosing who to love. Just because a guy leaves you alone in the woods to basically die and then go crawling back to him doesn't mean anything. Well, it does but I'm taking the supportive friend route and not saying anything to her. 

"Please don't bring Jacob up to me, Arden. It a touchy subject. Also, Paul and Sam have been friends for a while now. When I was hanging out with them and Jacob I remember a phone conversation between Paul and your sister. It didn't seem like it was a happy call either."

"Yeah, well, the last time I saw him was a couple of months ago, which is when I think Clarie saw him as well," I informed her with a huff tucking my phone in between my ear and shoulder to tie my apron back on. 

I worked at the reservations only diner in town called the Lone Wolf. It was a nice paying job, and the people tipped very well as well, thankfully. I knew that my chances of getting out of this town were low, but at the very least I could go to community college in Seattle.

"Oh, no. Clarie saw him a few days before I had my falling out. She came to Sam's house and yelled at Paul. It really didn't end well," she informed me making me bite my lip. Why didn't I know about this? "Anyway, you should come over to the Cullen's one day. You know to meet the gang and such. I would love for you to get along with my boyfriend. To at least have one of my friends anyway."

I gave her a dry chuckle still on the fact that Clarie was keeping things from me. Where things between her and Paul really that bad? She normally tells me these things and it hurts that she's not anymore. "I'll let you know then, but for now my break is over. I'll call you later."

"Goodbye, Arden. Good luck."

I chuckled at the ending before putting my phone inside my apron and grabbing my pad to get back to work. Only, my steps faltered as I walked back into the dining room passing by the bathroom. It felt like someone punched me in the gut as I watched my sisters boyfriend and the man I happened to love kiss another girl. 

They were in the corner as if no one could see them. Males can be friends with females and hang out, I get that. But when you have a girlfriend and are shoving your tongue down another girls throat, that's where I have a problem. I ran behind the counter to try to calm down, which happens to be where the owner was standing. She was going to ask me what was wrong, but one look at where I just ran from said it all. 

Rage, pain, and heartbreak were coursing through me. "Oh, Arden. I'm so sorry." Yalla, the owner of the Lone Wolf, told me trying to comfort me as Paul and the mystery girl made their way to a booth. I couldn't tell which hurt the most. Seeing him kiss another girl, or betraying my sisters trust like that.