[03]

Claire flopped onto my bed with a sigh making me mess up my math homework

Claire flopped onto my bed with a sigh making me mess up my math homework. I groaned and fake glared at her to which she just ignored. "Don't you have someone else to go bother?" I questioned erasing my mistake before fixing it.

"I want to talk about Paul."

"No."

My notebook was snatched away from me forcing me to look at my sister. "Yes, look date him for all I care. If he makes you happy, then I give you the go ahead," she told me placing my notebook at the end of my bed.

I sighed before throwing my brunette hair into a ponytail. "No, Claire. He doesn't have respect for anyone or a relationship. I won't be able to live like that," I informed her reaching for my notebook again, but she slapped my hand away. A low grumbled emitted from me at the action.

"Well, can you at least get him off of our porch?" she questioned making me look at her. "Yeah, I thought he was here to talk to me, but no he wants to see you. Not that I am bitter that he wants to you, but I was still hoping for an apology from the guy," she stated messing with her hair next to me.

I got off of the couch and shoved my shoes onto my feet. As I left my room, grabbing my jacket in the process. Paul was shocked to see me standing there in front of him. Considering our last talk did not end so well.

"I told you the other night, I am done with you," I snapped at him crossing my arms. He stood up and looked at me with that stupid look of his. I can't understand why he is looking at me like that. He hardly ever spared me a glance before.

He sighed and held his hand out. "I need to show you something," he told me trying to get me to take his hand. "It will explain everything to you. Just please, get into my truck," he pleaded with me and that's when it hit me. The feeling I've been trying to avoid for so long.

That tiny pull that wants me to run into his arms. This small feeling that feels like I need to do everything and anything to make him smile. So, that's why I got into the truck even though my mind kept screaming at me not too. As we pulled away I saw my sister looking at us from the window with a smile.

It only made me angry.

How could she be so happy for me right now? I am going to some undisclosed location with her ex-boyfriend who had fallen in love with me. So, would anyone tell me why she was happy for me? The whole thing just made me want to cry.

"Are you okay?" Paul asked from the driver's seat. I just coughed and kept staring out the window. I refused to look at him or even answer him. No, I wasn't okay.

We drove for a little bit more before he pulled off to the side of the road and got out to which he prompted for me to follow him. My heart pounded hard in my ears considering he was leading me into the woods. Oh god, this is where he kills me.

"So, you may not believe me at first, but just hear me out," he told me standing far away from me. I took a step back at the sound of his tone. There was something about this situation that did not settle well with me.