[06]

"For the last time, no

"For the last time, no."

I huffed trying to find the bag that held the outfit Paul bought me at the mall. I had left it in the bag but somehow that bag had gone missing.

He left out a noise of irritation at my protest. "Arden, I do not want to leave you out of my sight. Especially at the Cullens house. They're the reason that bitch is here in the first place!" he growled out in anger making me roll my eyes.

"A-ha!" I cried out in triumph when I found the bag halfway under my bed and covered by my blanket. "Paul, I don't think you'd be welcomed there," I informed him before putting him on speaker phone to change.

A growl trembled through the phone. "Jacob is going and taking Quil and Embry. What is one more wolf?" he asked me and I could just picture that angry expression turning into a cheeky one at his words.

I shimmied out of my pants and shirt before slipping on the dress. "Paul, I don't know. They wouldn't be happy with me," I commented making him sigh. "Fine, I'll message Bella and if she says no, you still can drive me there and pick me up."

"Thank you."

I rolled my eyes but hung up the phone anyway quickly texting Bella and telling her that it would physically kill Paul to let me go to this party without him. She sent the rolling eye emoji, which is totally me, before telling me to just bring him. Of course, Paul gets what he wants.

I texted him telling him to pick me up in a few minutes before quickly doing my hair and make-up. I was never one for either, but I told Alice I would at least make an effort. My hair found it's way into a messy ponytail as I got the text saying Paul was outside waiting.

"You're going out with him?" Clarie scoffed as I walked out of my room. She must have looked out the window to see that he was there. "Seriously, what happened to sisters before misters?" she shouted as I walked right past her ignoring her.

She grabbed my bicep when I reached the top of the stairs. "What Claire? I'm not talking to you and he offered me a ride to Bella's party. Plus, I can talk to whoever I want," I snapped trying to get my arm out of her bicep, though it wasn't working. She was stronger than me, maybe I need to start going to the gym.

"I told you I lied to you! I don't want you to be with him!" she snapped digging her nails into my bicep. I gritted my teeth in pain ignoring the knocking on the front door. "He was my boyfriend, Arden! For you to just move in on him is wrong!"

I stared deep into Clarie's eyes seeing that she was truly hurt. I had to choose between my sister and Paul, two of the people who make me the happiest in this life that I've been living. This choice was going to kill me.

A sigh left my lips as I thought about what I was going to say to her. "Clarie, you are my sister and yes, you dated him. But you knew that I was in love with him before the two of you even liked each other. So, you may be hurt now, but think of all those years I had to watch the two of you," I started talking and once I did I couldn't stop the words that flowed out of my mouth.