[04]

I frowned at the voicemail box of Bella. She hardly has been responding to my calls since that day I went over to her house. I groaned because I missed my friend.

"Trouble?"

Another groan emitted from my lips at Paul's voice. Now that I knew about this imprinting thing, it just made him being around me all awkward. It just brought up the fact on whether he loved me because he wants too or because of that stupid bond.

I licked my lips just deciding to give him the information. I told him he had a chance, but I needed to be able to give it to him as well. "Bella, she hasn't been answering any of my messages lately," I informed him with a frown as I played with my phone in my hands.

Paul sighed. "She's been busy," he told me making me raise an eyebrow as he sat down on the picnic table next to me. "I have more to tell you today if you aren't busy that is," he informed me quickly with a soft smile.

I groaned. What else is there to tell me? "I have off work, but I need to go to Seattle to get an outfit for the graduation party Alice is throwing for the Cullens and Bella," I told him making him growl which made me realize that whatever he has to tell me probably has to do with the Cullens. "But Clarie is doing something and isn't telling me when she is going to get done," I told him checking my phone one last time

"I can take you. It will give us time to talk," Paul informed me with a lopsided smile. I couldn't deny it, the action made my heart skip a beat. Curse myself for thinking that I actually had fallen out of love with this man.

Though, I still kind of hated him at the same time.

I was not kidding when I said that I was done with him. At the time I was, then he told me everything and the game changed for me. The werewolf snapped his fingers in front of my face because I guess I was taking way to long to answer.

I sighed. "Fine, but I pick the background music," I grumbled walking to his truck. I had a lot on my mind and being around Paul and that stupid pull I felt towards him did not help.

Stares. People were staring as I got into his truck. I saw Lily who was Claires best friend bolt back into the school. No doubt to tell her that I was with Paul.

Sucks to be her. I have Claires permission. Not that I needed it or anything.

Once I had picked Taylor Swift, and not her new music the really old stuff to annoy Paul, and we were on the road he finally started to talk. "So, what I have to tell you is, yes, about the Cullens," he told me making me dry chuckle.

"Knew it."

Paul took his eyes off of the road for a split second to glare at me. I gave him a cheeky smile before he had to return his gaze to the road ahead of him. "Keep an open mind, please," he begged.

"Paul, you told me you were a werewolf. I already think you are insane."

"But it is true."

I waved him off with a flick of my hand. "Details. Details," I told him making him snort. "Seriously though, how bad could they be?" I questioned looking at him in time to see his jaw clench. That look you only get when you have a huge distaste for someone which could only mean one thing. "No," I groaned out before resting my head against the window.

"I take it you have a guess?" he asked as I moaned about.

"They are vampires, aren't they?"

Paul nodded. "The Cullen's are our biggest enemy. It is why I freaked out when you told me you were at their house," he informed me making the gears in my brain work. That was so long ago, and only brought up more questions.