[07]

I was mad at Paul, and he knew it

The funny thing was, he had no clue on why I was mad at him. Which meant that he didn't realize that I was awake when he spoke to Claire the other night. Speaking of her, the two of us worked things out, but we still were walking on eggshells around each other.

The fight was coming up, and it just worried me about my family, though the vampires reassured me they would be fine, my fear just consumed me.

"Your family will be fine, we'll lead the newborns away from the towns," Edward told me looking briefly away from the road.

"Right, you can read minds," I commented trying to ignore what he said. We currently were on our way to meet the Cullen's and the Wolves for training. Why I had to go is beyond me.

"You have to be there because you are apart of this, just like Bella. Plus the wolves don't like us, and you could be of use to have them listen to us after we are done," Edward commented which only just angered me.

I huffed before looking at the back of his head. "Would you mind staying out of my head, please? I don't like you listening to my thoughts that are supposed to be private," I snapped making him press his lips together. Bella sighed as if she wanted to say something but just dropped it.

It wasn't fair to me that he was listening to my thoughts, if I had something important I wanted to say, I would say it. I understood that I was apart of this fight, but it doesn't mean that I needed to watch them learn how to fight.

Edward opened the door for me before rushing over to open Bella's. We walked to the other vampires greeting them while doing so. Alice wrapped me in a tight and careful hug.

"I've missed you, Arden," she commented making me laugh at the vampire.

"It's only been a few days," I told her making her roll her eyes at me. She mumbled something about a few days too long before the pack came from the trees.

Instantly I knew which one was Paul, his greyish-brown fur standing out amongst the others. He whined when he saw me, but I stood my ground and sat on the hood of the jeep I came in.

The vampires began to talk which is when I zoned out. Them working together was great and all, but I was more so worried about the actual fight. Now that I was close to both groups, I didn't want to see anyone get hurt.

"What's wrong?"

Bella had hopped up next to me during my thoughts of worry. "I'm just worried about them getting hurt, that's all," I informed her watching as Alice fought Jasper. She was quick on her feet and looked like a dancer as she did it.

She snorted. "That's not all. You forget I am your best friend. I know there is something else going on," she commented bumping my shoulder. I rolled my eyes but looked back at Paul who was staring directly at me. There was no doubt in my mind that he was listening to our conversation.