Chapter 2: Bowling With The Boyfriend.

'The people you love become ghosts inside of you, and like this you keep them alive.'

Chapter 2:

The last few days had gone by in a rush. The house was cluttered with boxes and bubble wrap. Even though we were keeping the house, there was a decent amount of things that needed to be kept safe. My schedule literally consisted of waking up, going to school, coming home, packing, dinner,packing, sleep. And the whole routine was repeated the next day. So on the day before we had to leave, my boyfriend, Carter decided to take me out on a date.

Me and him hadn't got a lot of time to hang out this week so he took this opportunity to help me relax. Quite honestly, I did miss him a lot and hanging out with him would help me unwind all the stress I had been carrying around lately.

Carter is the perfect boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. He's a gentleman, he listens to me, he takes care of me and he treats me right. Plus he gives out the whole boy-next-door vibe and it's all the more endearing. His good looks are just a bonus.

I straighten my wavy brown hair and tied it into a messy side braid before looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing white skinny jeans and a mint green elbow length top. I don't have much makeup on, just a little lipgloss and mascara. Just as I had finished giving myself a once over, a car honked, signalling that my date was here.

I skipped downstairs and passed a very moody looking Jai and I knew exactly why. He had been that way since I told him about my plans for the day. Jai was the poster boy for an over protective brother and for some unknown reason he hated Carter's guts even though he had the least reason to since Jai's girlfriend Darcy is Carter's elder sister. No amount of convincing could change his mind about Carter so after a while I had just stopped trying. "I'm leaving. Bye!" I called out and walked out of the house before waiting for a reply. Carter stood against his black Audi a6 wearing faded blue jeans and a black graphic t-shirt.

"Hey baby." Carter greeted me with a smile when I reached him, he leaned down to kiss me.

"Hi." I smiled back and kissed him quickly before getting in the car. Don't get me wrong, I would love to just stand here and make out with him all day long but doing that while in such close proximity with both my brothers would literally be suicide.

Carter started driving with one hand on the wheel while the other held mine, our fingers intertwined. I smiled at the sight of our fingers before looking up at him, "I missed you."

"I missed you too love. It sucked to be so close to you yet so far away." He glanced at me once before looking ahead again. "Are you done packing?"

"Yeah. I just had to pack my clothes and stuff. If I forgot something I could always come back to pick it up." I shrugged. "It was Alex that needed help, seeing as he won't be back anytime soon." That thought saddened me but I had promised myself that today, nothing would put a damper on my mood and I was planning on sticking to it. "Anyway where are we going?" I looked out the window to see that we were in the central part of the city.

"We're going bowling. That's ok right?" Carter looked at me and raised an eyebrow cautiously.

"Yeah it's perfect." I smiled but honestly it wasn't. I mean I wasn't expecting anything really extravagant but a bowling date was a slight disappointment. I tried not to let my disappointment show and smiled, at least it was something. He seemed to have believed my answer as he smiled back and parked the car in the parking lot of the local bowling alley.

"You know you can still come and live with me." Carter said when I got out of the car and made my way to his side.

I laughed, "yeah yeah sure." I said sarcastically. Over his dead body would Jai let me live with Carter for over a year. Probably even then he'd come back and haunt me.