Chapter 6: Confessions

"When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love."

This chapter is dedicated to Cristiana for being an amazing friend and for coming up with the sex god who is also called as Nick Sanchez. This wouldn't be possible without you and I love you more than you know :) <3

Chapter 6:

Do you know there are moments when the world moves so slowly that you can feel your bones shifting and your mind tumbling? When you can hear every tick the clock makes and every swish in the air? When you think no matter what happens to you for the rest of your life, you will remember every last detail of that one incident forever?

That is exactly how I felt when Nick's sparkling green orbs stared down at my brown ones. Neither of us were saying anything. We just stood there, looking at each other. The party that was going on not 20 feet away from us seemed to be in a different dimension as we zonked into our safe little bubble.

I knew that I was going to have to have this conversation with him sometime and since he's here right now, demanding we talk about it we might as well. I decided to break the silence so I cleared my throat and looked up at him with as much confidence as I could muster.

"You left me. You left me when I needed you the most. You left me a day after I told you how I felt about you and that's not even the worst part. The worst part was that you didn't even bother to call. You didn't tell me where you were or why you had gone away. You left me wondering if I did anything wrong-"

"You didn't." Nick said quickly. "Shit, Livvy you did nothing wrong. I just-" he hesitated for words, "I just had to leave."

I looked at him incredulously and my eyes narrowed, "You just had to leave?!" I yelled and took a step closer to him. "You just had to leave when my parents died in a car accident?! You just had to leave when I was crying and heaving and the only person that could comfort me was you?! Did you even think about how I could deal with 3 losses in one day?!" He flinched at my words. I was actually thankful of the loud music playing inside the house which was easily drowning out my screams.

"Liv I-" Nick started.

"No Nick shut up!" Tears started blurring my eyes and I blinked them away and continued with my rant. "Do you know what it feels like to have your parents die on you and then the one person who knows you like the back of his hand just leave? It's not fun. I spent months crying and it wasn't only for my parents but it was for you! After you left, I woke up every fucking day thinking about you and I cried myself to sleep every fucking night. I had to pretend like it was ok. I had to pretend that you never made an impact on me, when you did. I stopped waiting for a call, a text, a message, a breath. I let myself start wishing that we'd never met and when I finally thought that I succeeded in doing that, you show up. I was trying so hard to pretend it was ok and move on but I was always secretly waiting for you to come back. "

I breathed in deeply and sent a quick thank you to whoever was up there for not making me cry. I wiped my eyes quickly and looked into his eyes again. His face was a mirror of how he was feeling. It looked like my words had caused him physical pain but I wasn't done yet. "You never made any other promise to me, just one. You promised me infinity and beyond. Why did you break it like it was nothing? " I whispered.

With that, whatever restrain he had over himself over the past 2 days seemed to break as he closed the distance between us and wrapped his strong arms around me tightly. For a moment I stood there shocked but his familiar scent engulfed me and I found myself wrapping my arms around him.

"God Liv I'm so sorry! I really am. I didn't want to leave. You know I'd never do that to you. It was so hard for me to leave you like that Kitten, please just believe me when I say that." He whispered into my hair, his voice sounding so desperate that I actually found my anger melting. Well not completely but it was chipping away. And it was happening fast. "It's just that circumstances made me and I had to." I breathed in and he still smelled like he did 3 years ago. Like vanilla and honey mixed with something woodsy. He smelled like home.