Chapter 15: Pretty Boy

'I feel like I'm waiting for something, that's never going to happen'

Chapter 15:

"Seriously Liv it was so freaking amazing. You have to watch it with me the next time. You'll fall in love." Stevie said as we made our way outside Starbucks

I laughed, "sure sure. I've always wanted to watch sumo wrestling."

"I think they have a girls can sumo wrestle too. You should totally join."

I glared at him playfully, "eat a dick, Armell."

"Oh so she can curse as well. I've known you for 6 years and I don't think I've ever seen you say anything else but fuck."

"I've grown up with two rowdy boys Stevie, I think I know every curse word in the dictionary."

"Why don't you use it then? Come on Livia, prove it."

I faked a gasp, "it's very unladylike to curse."

"Didn't you just tell me to eat a dick?"

"That was an exception."

We fell into step next to each other as we made our way towards his car. Stevie was babbling on about something. Sometimes, he talked more than a girl did. My mind kept drifting off to the almost kiss I had had with Nick. We were so close to do it. If Jai hadn't called me, we would've actually kissed and the worst part was I wanted him to kiss me.

I couldn't think straight when he was around me. His scent was like toxic fumes for me, it made me feel hazy and light headed and in his presence I often did things that made me second guess my feeling for both, him and Carter. I knew he was no good for me and if I wanted to keep my relationship with Carter I had to stay away from Nick. I was willing to do anything for my relationship, no matter how hard it was going to be.

"Hey Olivia isn't that Carter?" Stevie suddenly asked and pointed to a guy who was walking down the road, towards the parking lot.

I squinted and saw a tall figure, wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap walking- or should I say limping and going over to the parking lot.

"Yeah I think. But why is he limping?" I frowned.

"Guess you're just going to have to find out."

I nodded, "I'll see you later." I waved goodbye to Stevie and quickly made my way towards Carter.

"Carter!" I called out when I was behind him. He didn't stop, he just fastened his pace.

My frown deepened and I caught hold of his sweater and turned him around.

"Why are you-" I got a good look on his face and gasped.

His lower lip was split as if he had been punched. He had a bandage on his nose and his eyes were covered with dark ray bans and if I had to guess, I would say he was sporting a black eye under them.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked as I felt panic rise within me.

"It's nothing babe. I just got into a fight with a few drunkards while coming home last night. It's nothing major."

I looked him over, "nothing major? You have a freaking black eye and your nose looks broken and you're limping. You call that nothing major?! Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him defeated.

"Because I didn't want you to worry. It's fine Olivia." He soothed and took my hand in his. I took this moment to notice that he had bruises on his knuckles too.

"It's not okay Carter." I hugged him tight, careful not to squeeze him too much. "I'm your girlfriend, I'm supposed to worry about you."

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "I can't stand for long Liv, my leg hurts."