Home Sweet Home

"I may be a bad girl, but I'm a damn good woman"

*Sexual elements are in this chapter*

Song for the Chapter: Hurricane by Luke Combs

Nancy's P.O.V;

"So what exactly am I expecting from your family?" Avery asks on our way back to Riverdale "well, my father probably isn't even there and my mum shipped me off to a reform school because I did something she didn't approve of" I tell her "the relationship with that older man?" Avery questions as I had told her the story "yeah but to be honest it was probably because he is the leader of the Serpents more than anything" I answer "Serpents?" Avery asks confused "the Southside gang" I inform her "gang? Oh that's hot" she states as we laugh.

"So where are we going?" Avery asks looking outside the window "my mum wants to meet us at Pops" I tell her "why?" Avery questions "public place means I can't choke her out for sending me to that hell hole" I shrug "you clearly hold a grudge" she chuckles "let's just say i'm not pleased to be coming back to work for her" I state "then why come?" Avery asks "it was a part of the deal" I say as Avery nods "well on the good side you get to see Mr Sexy" Avery winks "you haven't even met him" I laugh "yeah but he must have been hot for you to get into a relationship with him" Avery states "oh he is gorgeous" I state remembering all of his features, the only man to ever make me feel the way I do.

"Can't wait to meet him" Avery mentions "don't hold your breath because my mother will never let me near him" I state "good thing I don't care what she thinks" I add as Avery smiles proudly at me "so you are going for him?" Avery asks "I want him and I always get what I want" I state as Avery smiles, impressed by my confidence "and this is why we are best friends" she states as we pull up to Pop's diner.

"I will take your bags back to the house, Miss McCoy and Miss Morris" my mother's driver, Andrew, states "thank you Andrew that would be much appreciated" I say as we get out of the car. "Oh and by the way Andrew-" I start "don't worry Miss McCoy, I won't tell your mother" Andrew says as I smile at him, silently thanking him before closing the door and watching Andrew drive away.

"This is it? A diner?" Avery questions, dissapointed "what were you expecting?" I laugh "I don't know maybe an expensive restaurant, not some run down diner in the middle of nowhere" Avery states looking around "trust me Pop's is way better than any expensive restaurant" I tell her "plus I thought you wanted the whole Riverdale experience" I tease before walking to the entrance, Avery following behind with a scowl on her face.

As I walk in, I spot Pop Tate.

"Nancy McCoy, never thought I would see you again" he says as he gives me a hug "glad to see you back, Riverdale missed your attitude" he jokes as he pulls away "aww, you still flatter me" I laugh "I wish I was glad to be back but at least your milkshake makes its bearable" I say as he laughs "well your milkshake is on the house" he states "always know how to make me feel at home" I smile at him.

"Who's your friend?" he asks "oh, this is Avery" I introduce her as she shakes his hand "first time in Riverdale?" Pop asks "yeah" she answers "you will enjoy it, Riverdale has some special things to offer" Pop says but I couldn't hear Avery's answer as my attention was focused on a group of people sitting at a booth, all male, 2 teenagers and the other 2 older men, all laughing at what the young red head said. My gaze is fixated on one of the older men, it's him, almost unrecognizable as he's permanent frown is replaced with a large smile, he seems happy which makes him even more undoubtedly sexy.