Deja Vu

"I don't want to have the world's attention. Yours is enough."

Song for the chapter: Daddy Issues by Demi Lovato.

Nancy's P.O.V;

Waking up in my old bed is a feeling I can't get over. Avery was right, it is comfy.

Speaking of Avery, I notice her lying across the bed, over my legs, half off the bed. How the hell did we even sleep in this position? To annoy her, I push her off and she rolls off the bed, falling with a thud.

"Owwww" she wakes up "finally sleeping beauty" I tease as she just sticks her finger up before leaving to the guest room that she is staying in. I take this as my chance to get ready. I meet Avery and Josie downstairs, eating breakfast.

"How's it going Josie?" I ask while getting my breakfast "good I guess" she sigh "well aren't you a ball of sunshine" I joke "just because you finished school and I still have to go" Josie states "what's so bad about school?" Avery asks "everything, I am just so done with it" she states "I just want to be a grown up" she adds "oh no you don't" I say "why?" Josie questions "because you will have to work for mum" I state as Josie chuckles "yeah poor you" she laughs "yeah poor me" I say "I'm the one who is not only going to living with mum but working with her" I add as Josie shakes her head in amusement.

"Everything's changed" Josie mentions "since I left?" I ask "yes but also Jason Blossom was murdered" Josie says "Jason Blossom?" I question, shocked as Josie nods "by who?" I ask as Josie shrugs "that's what they are trying to figure out" Josie says "that's terrible, he was so young" I say "what cruel person would do that" I add "I definitely need to go and offer my condolences" I continue "how is Cheryl handling it?" I ask "as best as she can" Josie answers.

"I need to go to school" Josie states as she stands up and grabs her stuff "have fun" I tell her as she waves goodbye before walking away.

"So the plan for today?" Avery asks "I have to meet my mother to discuss me working for her" I sigh "we just arrived" Avery mentions "that's my mother for you, having fun is breaking the rules" I state "I thought you were a rule-breaker?" Avery asks "I am" I defend myself "I just know what rules to break" I wink at her as she leans back, smirking at me. "Can we go to Pop's afterwards?" Avery asks "why?" I question "I want to apply for a job there that's all" Avery answers as I nod "yeah sure" I agree.

We finish getting ready before heading to the door, Andrew waiting to drive us.

"Oh hang on, I forgot my phone" I say as I rush back to my room and search for it only to be dissapointed. I check my clothes, purse and bathroom but it wasn't there. I check every room that I had been in but it wasn't there.

"What's taking you so long?" Avery asks coming back into the house "Avery, have you seen my phone?" I ask, still looking around "no" she replies "well can you call it?" I ask as she nods. 

"Your phone is off" she says a few minutes later "the battery must have died" I mention "anyways you can use my phone and come find it later" Avery offers "but I have looked everywhere and it's not here" I say "have you retraced your steps?" Avery asks "yes I have checked everywhere that I have been last night" I say before realising something "unless-" I start "unless what?" Avery asks as I give her a look which she immediately understands.

"You seriously did not leave your phone at his place?" Avery asks dissapointed "or maybe you just did it on purpose, so you have an excuse to go pick it up" Avery smirks "if I did that then why did I just spend at least 10 minutes exhausting myself looking for it?" I question "I don't know how your brain works" Avery replies before calling someone "who are you calling?" I ask "a cab because we have to go back to that place and like you said Andrew can't take us" she answers before ordering us a cab.