Fire - Katniss

My name is Katniss. Katniss Fokes. I'm 20 years old and I study at Harvard university. I'm a normal girl. Or maybe not. Normal girls are not afraid to get close to fire in front of others. Normal girls are not cold during the summer. Normal girls don't have hot skin when it's under zero degrees outside but still tremble. Normal girls are not like me. I'm far from being normal. But at least I can look quite casual, if you ignore how unnaturally red my hair is. I had learnt to live like that. I had learnt to ignore it when fire blew out or strengthened wherever I was around, according to my mood. But it was high time for me to knew. And the day came.

"Aaron are you ready? I won't be waiting for you the whole morning!" I shouted outside of my little brother's bedroom; he's not my biological brother, but we adopted him when he was six months old. "Mum is not here, can't I just stay in bed and tell her that I wasn't feeling well or something?" he whined, clearly with his head under his pillow. "You are in first grade of junior high school now, forget about the lies and the tricks you played on mum when in primary school." I told him and got in. "Get out of bed and get dreseed or I'll call dad" I warned him and placed his breakfast on his desk. "But it's cold outside and I'm booooored" he said throwing the pillow away and looking at me with puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes. "Get up. Now." I said with a serious look. He sighted and got up. "And for Goodness' sake, stop going to bed so late." I shouted walking down the stairs. He told me something, but I didn't exactly hear. I wore my fleece jacket and grabbed my car keys. He got down quicker than the other days and we left right away. His school was kinda far away from our house so when our parents are not home I have to drive him to school. Accoording to him dad's car sucks so it's better when I drop him off to school. Sometimes i felt really worry about him cause the junior high and the high school were both in just one building. I never really got the reason, but I think it had something to do with the second Word War, back then it was a hospital or something. Anyways, the fact is that I'd heard that there are bullies in this school and I was scared. But whenever I remembered who my brother was I would delete any shred of worry.

"You remember that your math teacher told you that you'll probably take a test today, right?" I said. "BITCH WHAT?" he shouted surprised. "Language." I said keeping my attention on the road. "BITCH WHAT THE FUCK?" he 'corrected' and I laughed, though I didn't want to. I'm trying to be responsible but most of the times I end up behaving like a strict bitch.
When I reached his school I waited for him to get in the building before leaving; I know my brother, he's the kind of boy that you can't say that he's bad, but too naughty sometimes. The kind of boy that would not give a shit about the bullies and the only one from the first grade to be everyone's worst nightmare; unfortunatelly, teachers' ones too.

I went to my college and got out of the car. It was really chilly and getting impossibly easily cold, my whole body was shaking. I couldn't bear it and I got inside my car again. I tried to warm my hands by blowing my breath to them. After a second there was fire over them. I was touching it, but not burning. I clapped my hands in order to blow it out. It left. It was not something so strange to happen; I was used to that kind of weird and supernatural stuff. I just got out and ran ahead to the building; wishing the heat to be on.

The day passed normally and it was time for me to go and get my brother. Right when I parked my Fiat he got out. I sat there and waited for him. There were some children at that school who had something... Strange. I mean, there was a girl always wearing all black and there was something really unearthy about her. But the most weird part was that she made me feel like I knew her. Like I had to meet her. A 16-year-old emo girl. And I felt that with other students too. Irrelevant people. "What's wrong?" I heard Aaron next to me and jumped off. "What happened?" he asked confused. "Sorry, I didn't see you coming. Get into the car." I told him and set the car machine on in a rush.

So that was me. Kinda strict, kinda serious. Kinda mysterious. And with a lot of secrets. And questions too. Questions that soon I would have solved.