Light - Edward

My name is Edward Lares. I'm 17 years old, senior year at Westlake highschool. I was never pretty much normal person. When I was only sixteen I started 'working' as a singer, and my albul became a huge hit. Popular to girls as I was, I started forgetting what was really not normal about me. The side of me that I couldn't explain. The lights that would burn brighter everytime I was around them. The fact that I hated darkness more than normal. That if I stayed in the dark for a couple of hours I would end up like I was in depression.
I didn't forget about that side. I just put it aside, telling myself like "It's just in my mind". But those 'illusions', as I pretended to call them, haunted me. When no one but me was there. And they became bigger and bigger. Until one day I saw that I was not the only one Who had 'illusions'

I woke up at 7:50. "Shit..." I whispered looking at my alarm clock. "CLARAAAAAAAA" I called my sister as loudly as I could; which means not so loud since I had just woken up. "Mum has made you coffee" she said quickly passing outside my door. "Can you bring it to me?" I asked her and yawned. "Suck my dick" she replied form into her room. "Fuck off bitch" I said with my mouth covered by my pillow. I got ready fast and started walking to school. Me and Clara would prefer to go to a better school, but we don't bother much anyway. She was an actress since 5th grade and I had released an albul that went Gold Disk the first week, so money was not a problem.
When I reached school I saw Casper with his brother. I was a dick, but Casper was... Dicker. I was a jerk and a bully, I admit that. But Casper was a worse person than me. Especially to his brother, Ash. He was bullying him. And I'm talking about hard bullying. Sometimes I was secretely sorry about him but I wouldn't admit it, not even to my own self. "Casper, haven't I told you not to make fun of people with lower IQ than yours? It is racism." I told him laughing. "Yeah right." he said laughing. He hit Ash's shoulder, pushing him, and we left. He stopped too easily, other times he would sit there for hours. Not that I had a problem with that. "Hey Eddy" Heather came to me playing with her hair acting sexy. "Hello Heather, how are you?" I asked her smiling. She was a slut. I liked her. Basically, we were kinda in a relationship. And she liked me too. "Fine just wondering if you're free at night?" she said with bitchy voice. "If it's for you" I said winking. She smiled more. "Heather!" I heard my sister shouting. "We won't have the whole morning to finish the project, you can have my brother at night!" Clara told her and she raised her middle finger to her. "Bye" I said and kissed her.

After we left we got inside the building. Casper stared at my pants. "You have work tonight, mr Dickens." he said and burst into laughters. "Yeah he does" I said laughing and hit his shoulder in a friendly way. Suddenly the lights started blinking. I looked around and I saw Raven, Casper's sister, looking at me. She was so creepy. She was the emo creep in the corner. Her eyes were almost blacker than her hair. Sometimes I thought I couldn't see any difference between the pupil and the iris. She was looking at me almost with hatred. I looked back scared but she ran upstairs. "Dude, your sister is freaking me out" I told him, still at a loss. "Yeah, she's freaking everyone out..." he replied. I was upset. I had no idea what had just happened. Usually when I laughed the lights would go brighter but now... And Raven...
"Ed? Are you coming?" I heard Casper. I didn't answer right away. "Yeah... Sure"

That was just a day of my life. A taste of me. A very little one. I just wanted a highschool life. I just wanted to live like a normal teenage boy. The best way to hide that I wasn't, was to be such a dick that no one would believe that there is something more inside my mind that sex and cigaretts. I didn't want to be a bad person. But when light is all you've ever known, the dark is difficult to deal with. You either pretend to be fine with it or get lost inside it.